Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2003 4:16:45 PM EDT
I just picked up a new RRA tactical entry M-4 upper.If i was to install an Aimpoint should i just atatch it to the mount that's on the upper?(has A2 sights in it).Or should i install another mount to move it forward also?Would it be to tall then?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Your choices are to:

Mount it right there on the rail.

Remove the RRA rail and sell it and buy:

ARMS 22M68, Cantilever Spacer, ARMS 40 (what I would do)

you cant move it forward if you keep the RRA rail and rear sight.

If I had to have a fixed rear sight I would still get the cantilevered mount and an LMT rear sight.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#2]
If i mount it to the factory rail will it be in a good location?I would like to do that since #1 it's already there,#2 it already has iron sights.I was wondering about the location because some people mount them forward and some don't.Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you already have the Aimpoint?  I find it to give a very bad tunnel effect if its that close.  Also you cant do anything else with that mount.  Its stuck in that spot so you cant add a NV monocular later (if its an ML so it wont matter there though)

You will also need a low mount like the 22M68 with no spacer or GG&G ring for it to be at the correct height.  Too tall a mount could also be a problem.  What mount are you planning on using?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
No i don't have an Aimpoint yet.I don't think i'll add NV(unless it's free or the price REALY drops).So would it be to high on top of the RRA wount?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
That sounds like the way to go,just wondering why does RRA make this setup???
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
To make money.

Troy, wont the other lower mounts just put the irons VERY low inside the Aimpoint tube?  Does it block them completely?
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I just saw a pic. of an Aimpoint mounted on top of the hanguard with a rail.How would that line up?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Anything else that would go onto this seemingly "useless" rail besides an Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the Aimpoint M-68 QD mount with a KAC 300m flip sight.  Good enough for the Army, good enough for me!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#14]
101                                         The 22m68 mount is also in service and is modular to adjust to the dif. hts. The old ring is stuck at one ht. and has that damn rat shit knob that always fails for one reason or another.                                     The old sights that fell down when hit, are being replaced by sights that have an automatic pop back up ability and more than one aperature is available like in the #40. Not a little piece of plastic that gets stuck in there and then pops out and lost. Nothing (good) about some of those features and why they are on their way out, says the ARMY.
Good shootin, Jack  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top