Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2003 6:00:19 AM EDT
Is there an issue with the Tritium being a nuclear device?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Not for export but it is for some countries for import like Germany etc.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#2]
So, I can send it out of the country, but other countries may not allow the import - anyone know if I can send an ACOG to Hong Kong?

The only offer I've received on my TA01NSN thus far is from HK, therefore the question.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF are they going to do? Come get you?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Hong Cong is a communist entity now owned by the Red Chinese, after the British had to give it back after the 99 year lease expired.
US Customs does in deed (come and get) anyone that ships to banned cuntries, espec. now a-days.
I would check with them before shipping such an item.
Personaly I would not deal with any commie country.
Jack
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't make the mistake of shipping (i.e., Exporting) weapons parts & components overseas without a proper license and export permit for that item, to that specific country, issued by the US Department of State.  Especially if its a mil-spec (or close to) AGOC component of the current USSOCOM SOPMOD Kit!
They are paying very close attention to items that increase the effectiveness of exisiting weapons these days, especially M16/M4 accessories.
The latest case I heard they are prosecuting is a poor guy who mailed (i.e., "exported") World War One era .45 cal. half-moon clips.  The were judged to be "significant military equipment."
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Give a call to Trijicon and see what they say.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
WTF are they going to do? Come get you?
View Quote

That's a pretty asinine statement given this country's current predicament...
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:11:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't make the mistake of shipping (i.e., Exporting) weapons parts & components overseas without a proper license and export permit for that item, to that specific country, issued by the US Department of State.  Especially if its a mil-spec (or close to) AGOC component of the current USSOCOM SOPMOD Kit!
They are paying very close attention to items that increase the effectiveness of exisiting weapons these days, especially M16/M4 accessories.
The latest case I heard they are prosecuting is a poor guy who mailed (i.e., "exported") World War One era .45 cal. half-moon clips.  The were judged to be "significant military equipment."
View Quote

I think I'll pass on selling an ACOG, or most any weapon accessory, out of the country.  Not worth the shipping hassle or the attention, regardless of the legalities (or illegalities) of such a transaction.  Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hong Cong is a communist entity now owned by the Red Chinese, after the British had to give it back after the 99 year lease expired.
US Customs does in deed (come and get) anyone that ships to banned cuntries, espec. now a-days.
I would check with them before shipping such an item.
[red]Personaly I would not deal with any commie country[/red].
Jack
View Quote

Good thinkin' Jack.  I got the impression that the buyer was an American living in HK, but you never know.

Better [b]dead[/b] than [red]red[/red][b]![/b]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 7:26:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Just for fun you should email him a link to some airsoft website that sells cheap Chinese ACOG knockoffs! [LOL]

PS - I got your email with your avatar pic- THX!  She is my computer "wallpaper" now.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:05:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a FAL lower that is pending shipment via an APO.  The purchaser informed me he was over in Europe at this time.  I was about to ship until I came across this thread.

Is sending to an APO considered the same as anywhere in the US?

***update***  buyer has a US non APO address that will accept the lower until he gets back tothe states.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 6:51:24 AM EDT
[#12]
feedingcannibal wrote : Can I ship an ACOG out of the country?
View Quote

Shipping such "hot" stuff abroad may be very dangerous for the soldiers fighting the war on terrorism infact some western equipments and gears were found in A-stan in the Hajis' hands that's why of the dept.of State I.T.A.R.

It is also true that Trijicon products may be bought in some western countries too .

PP out
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#13]
An APO is considered to be USA, and it is also to someone in gov't service, civ or military. I see no problem.
Jack
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:27:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:02:43 AM EDT
[#15]
He's probably an Airsofter.  Those HongKong Airsofters get really into the sport.

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He's probably an Airsofter.  Those HongKong Airsofters get really into the sport.

View Quote

Like he said, those airsofters are nuts. Anyway, I dont think its illegal to mail a scope or optic overseas, but Im not exactly sure since it contains tritium.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
An APO is considered to be USA, and it is also to someone in gov't service, civ or military. I see no problem.
Jack
View Quote

Sorry Dick, but we just got notice from US Dept of State (DOS) that all APO's require an export permit now for shipments $100+.
I know this is hard to believe, as I am sure we have both been sending lots of stuff to our forward deployed units in Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom for months now.
I mean, how is some Armorer in Iraq going to get a DSP-83?
US Government..all of you get on the same sheet of music. I guess there are still too many slick willie appointees in DOS.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top