Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2003 3:04:06 PM EDT
Okay...  I have beel looking all over for a chart that actually has the differences listed and cannot find one.  I know SOME of the differences in models, but not in generations.  EG (and correct me if I am wrong):

CompM, CompML - same sight except that the M has two NV compatable settings and the ML has two additional brightness settings.  AFAIK, other than that, they are EXACTLY the same.

CompM/XD - no idea - same for the CompML/XD - no idea.  I'd assume that the XD is for "Extended Duty" or something meaning it's more heavy duty, but I don't know the actual differences and benefits over the CompM.

Same thing with the M2 and ML2 - the M2 is NV compatable...  but I don't know the differences between the CompM2 and CompM - what are the improvements in the newer generation?

Sorry if this has been covered before - but I searched up to 6 months back and didn't find the info I was looking for.  Any help is appreciated!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:57:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Troy.

So there is no difference between the (1st Gen) CompM/ML and (2nd Gen) CompM-XD/ML-XD?
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
The XD sights have improved electronics for longer battery life than the 1st generation.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#4]
The M2 and ML2 are the current production models and the only ones I'd look at purchasing.  The CET technology and extra battery life are far superior to the previous models.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#5]
i just got an M2 from eaglefirearms.net............$329!!!!!!!! (433 after 22M68, 22M68 spacer and extra battery)

anyway, now i have to wait until friday until UPS shows up with my 16" bushmaster superlight A3 upper................
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got an ML2 and was surprised to discover that the brightness controls didn't work like my Comp-ML/XD.

On the Comp-ML/XD, the first click is the brightest, then it does dimmer from there.

On the Comp-ML2, the first click is the dimmest, then it gets brighter from there.

Actually I guess that makes sense since the M2/ML2's are never really "off", right?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top