Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2003 2:36:43 PM EDT
The aimpoint cover thread got me thinking about protecting ACOG lenses. How do you folks protect your ACOG lenses (but not taking too much time taking the cover off)

I think KillFLASH ARD is good but some folks have said it will be rather dark if I use it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the supplied ScopeCoat that came with it.  Unfortunately there's no way to put flip caps on them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm looking at getting a TA50-2 soon.  I was thinking about this exact topic.

Does anyone see any reason why one couldn't throw on this killflash:

[url]http://www.camouflage.com/pdf/cag1_ard_data.pdf[/url]

and put on a 1.5" Butler Creek flipcap right on the killflash?

I don't know the OD of the rear of the scope.  Butler Creek has flipcaps as small as 1.00"... can someone measure their compact & let me know?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe I'm begging for trouble, but I let my ACOG go nekkid.  I'd be interested in flip-up caps like I have on my PSS' Leupold, but anything less just doesn't excite me.

I do make sure I clean my ACOG with a Leupold lens pen before I put the weapon away.  I think that right there puts me ahead of the scratch prevention curve.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#4]
With the number of these that are out there, why doesn't Butler Creek make some flip caps?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top