Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2003 6:52:33 PM EDT
Alright, after doing a little homework on NV used by the military etc. I *think* I have figured out what each of the following is/does, correct me if I am wrong. Plus, any other NV info is welcome!!

AN/PVS-4 NVD
- NV scope
- Aids in sighting/aiming
- Very bulky
- One of the first

AN/PVS-14 NVM
- NV monocular, mounts on M4/M16
- Does not aid in sighting/aiming

AN/PAQ-4C
- NV aiming laser
- To be used with NV goggles

AN/PEQ-4
- NV flashlight
- NV aiming laser
- To be used with NV goggles

These are the things that I have found, and they might be wrong so if anyone can please help me out. Plus, I might have seen other IR lasers such as AN/PEQ-2, AN/PAQ-2?? Did I make this up or do they exist? If so what makes them different than the PAQ-4C and PEQ-4?

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
People get confuse with the letters but its PAC-4C and PEQ-2

The first is the pointer the second is the pointer/illuminator.

Also there is the PVS7 which has one objective lens and covers both eyes.  This is your goggle while the 14 is the monocular.

Now we have the PVS18 (esentially a waterproofed 14 type device) and the PVS 17 which is a compact/waterproofed dedicated mini scope. (well its not so mini really)
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I thought I got most of it right but had to make sure.

Now the NV goggles are my next step to understand. Anybody who has more NV devices that I should know chime in.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#4]
The PEQ-4 is a Laser Target Marker/pointer.  It is normally used for air strikes its other name is the IZLID.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#5]
you can mount a PVS 14 to the rail behind an aimpoint or EO tech sight and use it for aiming.  

I think Remington sells a product called a monoloc NVD mount that clips a PVS 14 directly to the EO and thus doesn't need the mount to the rail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought the monoloc went behind a traditional scope.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top