Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2003 1:59:35 PM EDT
I just mounted my TA31 in an ARMS 19S, and it is a solid fit.  However, I'd feel a lot better knowing the second screw hole has a screw in it, rather than being empty.  For the price Trijicon charges for their sights, don't you think they could give us that extra $.25 screw?

Anyways, can someone post the correct thread size and length of the ONE factory screw they supply so I can find another.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:10:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure it's 10x32x1/2" I just picked up 50 for a friend for 2.87. I don't know the grading of fasteners, but these are high grade, no junk. I actually got the 3/8" ones, plenty long enough.

I would like to find out where those carry handle washers/bushings are made and get those for next to nothing also.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Pretty sure it's 10x32x1/2" I just picked up 50 for a friend for 2.87. I don't know the grading of fasteners, but these are high grade, no junk. I actually got the 3/8" ones, plenty long enough.

I would like to find out where those carry handle washers/bushings are made and get those for next to nothing also.

Mark
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  I think the 3/8" length would work better as the current factory screw protrudes to far into the ACOG's backup sight channel when you don't use that carry handle washer.  I can't imagine where you'd find those.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
True, If not using the carry handle set up, 3/8" is plenty. I would go by a fastener store to insure you get a good grade steel.
Mark
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
10x32  3/8
Be sure you get the correct head,pan or machine.
It will have a  flat base towards the threads.
Best if you take the base.Any screw with a taper/countersink head will allow a little wobble.  ]-   not >-
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#7]
[LOLabove]

P.S. My TA-11F also came with two screws.  Thankfully.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Trijicon does include two screws with their ACOG - as long as you buy the flattop mount from Trijicon.

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to hijack the thread, but should the screw (or screws) for the ARMS 19S be LocTited? The Trijicon manual didn't say anything other than they will be happy to SELL me another screw if I need it (for a carry handle installation).

Especially with only one screw holding the 19S I was concerned about continued recoil causing the screw to loosen.....

Appreciate any comments from those of you who have experience with this....
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#10]
The only place I have ever had a screw work loose from vibration is in the carry-handle mount. However, I use blue loctite just to be on the safe side on the screws in my #19S mount.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The only place I have ever had a screw work loose from vibration is in the carry-handle mount. However, I use blue loctite just to be on the safe side on the screws in my #19S mount.
View Quote

Thank you....I was leaning toward using the blue LocTite already, just wanted to hear from someone who had used the 19S.

Do you think it is worthwhile to put a second screw on the 19S? From your post it sounds like you expect Murphy at all times, like I do....
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Do you think it is worthwhile to put a second screw on the 19S?
View Quote

I did add a second screw to my TA11/#19S combo although I ran it for several months with just a single screw and had no problems at all.

I just figured that for the cost of a panhead 10x32, the extra peace of mind was worth it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top