Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/10/2003 4:08:43 PM EDT
I am going to buy an eotech. My question is if I buy the "aa" battery model will I have enough room for an arms#40 on my flat top colt m4?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  But it will be practically right up against the #40.  I found that this made it kind of difficult to operate the buttons on the EOTech.  My solution was to add a KAC M4 RAS to the rifle.  This allowed me to slide the EOTech forward on the rifle as well as gave me rails for mounting a vertical foregrip and tactical light.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll have enough room to mount a #40. Put the EO as far foward on the flattop as you can and you'll be fine. I can get to my controls w/o any problems...would be a little tight w/ winter gloves on though [:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You can let the batteries hang out over the handguards as long as they are not the more oval M4 type handguards.    
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Well thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the short model. Don't know why, just did. Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my shorty and N batteries aren't hard to find.
hhmmmm........now if they only made lithium N's!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top