Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 5:58:38 PM EDT
Okay, here is my predicament.  I wrote earlier in the summer about this but I guess now I'm actually serious about it.  

I'm looking for a scope setup for a Bushmaster varminter.  Here's what I had in mind.

Bushnell 4200 (either 6-24 or 4-16, any suggestions on that??)

Anyway, mounted with an armalite 1 piece mount.  And then I found the BMAS (yankee hill I believe is the name I later found out) would not clear the ocular bell on the scope, so possibly a GG&G Mad Flip up rear for my BUIS.

So, the questions.  The 6-24 Busnell is friggin LONG.  Will the Armalite mount be able to get it far enough forward for proper eye relief??

Is this all true about the BMAS sight not being even close to clearing the ocular bell.  Will the GG&G??  Isn't there a KAC sight that will work??

I couldn't help myself and I bought both a BSA universal laser sight, and a BSA red dot sight just for fun (I got a heck of deal, so thought, why not) hehe.  But I'm more serious about these items.  Anyone have this setup or know if this will work?  Thanks in advance.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The KAC 300 meter sight is the lowest I have seen.
[url=http://www.isayeret.com/gear/flipup/article.htm]Reference IDF Article on Sights[/url]
[img]http://www.isayeret.com/gear/flipup/300m-1.gif[/img] [img]http://www.isayeret.com/gear/flipup/300m-2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt that scope/mount combination will work.  The 4200s generally have pretty reasonable eye relief, but they are damned long.  You'd might have to put it on an extended SWAN sleeve or something similar.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 KAC 300M, none has the KAC logo and lettering [img]www.falfiles.com/forums/confused.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I know, that's what I hate, I have this feeling it will be "JUST ENOUGH" off that I wish I had a way of moving it forward without reworking the WHOLE system and changing the scope height ect (the armalite is supposed to keep the scope at exactly the same level as the irons.  

Maybe if I skipped the 24X and just stuck with a 4-16.  I certainly wouldn't have any problems, right??

Gundraw
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Just to make sure I am not overlooking anything.  And ARMS #40 will NOT work right??  But the ARMS 40 is a better sight than the GG&G or KAC in most people's opinion.  Is this correct as well?  

It's hard to pick what you want/need.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a scope setup for a Bushmaster varminter.  Here's what I had in mind.
View Quote

So what are the Backup sights for?
In case the Groundhogs send in Sappers?  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
More than anything, I really enjoy shooting with iron sights.  I think it's a valuable skill to become familiar with.  Although this is a "varminter", I know I will find some relatively close range things to shoot at as well.  You aren't going to find a much more versatile round for the money than .223, so why not make the rifle the same way??

Like I said, it's not a huge requirement, in fact for a while I wasn't even going to put them on.  But I would definitely enjoy being able to pull the scope and go old-school.  Hey, if the SHTF, who knows what you'll be shooting at.

Gundraw
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top