Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 1:04:03 PM EDT
Hi!

I am selling ATN (also called AMTech, American Technologies Network Corp.) rifle scopes and night vision devices on the Internet. I want to know how good the rifle scopes and red dot sights are (taking into account their moderate costs) to provide the customers with unbiased information. Have anyone tried them out?

Andrew Savitsky
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
I would aslo like to know. "How good are they"
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Related threads:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=169541[/url]

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=204667[/url]
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]
See my comments on related threads.

I have tried a few ATN optics.

For all around, <300yd optic, ATN 5x33 is a good deal.  Avoid Variable Power ATN (IMO).
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
My friends reticle started to rotate inside the scope after just 60 rounds and the optics were lousy too (AR-15, 5.56).  I'm surprised by the posts praising this scope.  The general consensus I've encountered on the 50 BMG boards is that they're overpriced junk.  My other scope experiences are that BSA's and Simmons Whitetail Classic scopes become rattled and don't track or hold groups or zero on AR-10's (7.62).  BSA definately can't take recoil of 50 BMG.  The lenses have stress fractures and the insides become so damaged after just 16 shots that you can't raise the power past 10 (goes to 24x).  ACOG is awesome.  The ballistic drop reticle works flawlessly and the optics are super clear.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an ATN NV scope and I thought it was decent for the price. Did ok out to 75 yards in total darkness with a little help with the IR illuminator. Moon or street lights helped the scope out alot. Kind of hard to find a place to shoot at night to sight it in though, at least in my neck of the woods.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top