put a illuminated reticle scope on it.
I'm looking at an ATN 2-6x40 is this a
good scope? If not what would you recommend
I want to keep the$$ under $500. I now I now
I'm a tight waud.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://valdada.com/vn/ior/03b[/url]

This scope has a short eye relief so it will work well on your carry handle.  I'd recommend taking the rubber eyepiece off.  You can get these at various places new for under $400.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
The variable power ATN's aren't excellent IMO, the reticle doesn't stay centered on zoom (POA/POI still correct, just not centered), and at higher magnification, they are very touchy on eye releif.

The fixed power ATN 5x33 is EXCELLENT for the price, very durable and reliable.  It has generous eye releif, illumnated reticle, and ranging based on 36" brackets.  Also has bullet drop compensator, but I use holdovers rather than BDC.  I only wish they made a mil-dot 5x33.

For a few dollars more, look at a NightForce NXS ($1000-$1500, though)

I haven't tried many others. When I look for a scope, I check list off in this order:  illuminated reticle, ranging ability (mil-dot or otherwise), weight, light gathering.  Ability to hold a zero is a given.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 1:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]
223dude.
I have both, the 5x33 and the 2-6x40. I prefer the 5x33. It's more compact, lighter and the eye relief is more forgiving. The reticle on the 2-6x40 gets larger as the magnification increases, therefore covering more of the target at longer ranges. The BDC on these scopes are calibrated for a 55grn bullet, if that matters to you. All in all, good scopes for the money. Their built like an army tank. Both have ocular focus for the reticle. The 2-6x40 is a heavy little bugger, 24ozs. I think. I would buy another 5x33. Sportsmans Guide has the 5x33 for $220 or $198 if you're a buyers club member.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys. I thank I'm going to
put the ATN 5x33 on it> I'm ordering a
bushmaster vamiter upper and a nightforce scope for it.

I just wanted a small lighted scope to put on
my a2-m4 upper.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top