Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2003 11:25:50 AM EDT
I'm trying to figure out a decent low cost sight dot or eotech type to setup with an A2 upper.  I'd prefer a mount which still allows use of the open sights.   I found an eotech 511 for $190, is that a decent price?  Price is an issue here as my wife's gonna kill me regardless of which setup I buy.  I'm hoping for a setup that will be a good SHTF rig as well as a capable coyote getter.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
An Eotech will either be too high to be practical, or you'd also need the Benny Cooley adjustable goosneck mount, which also run you around $140 (plus shipping) from bushmaster. $190 for a 511 is a pretty good deal, though. I have read that the Tasco pro-points are pretty good sights (and can be had CHEAP), but they'd also probably need the BC mount.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:02:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Do like I did-
Buy an eotech for your A2, then realize everyone's right, toohigh.

Go into shock after looking at prices on goosenecks that actually cowitness,

then realize for the same price you can get a flattop upper and the receiver block and barrel wrench.

My first AR and now I can change barrels in 10 minutes!

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top