Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2003 2:06:56 AM EDT
I have just bought an Ar with a detachable carry handle sight. Trying to follow instructions for setting this sight appears a little more difficult that it should be.

It is a dpms handle/sight, but the graduation markings on the elevation wheel run 0 5 10 15 20. The gun was a custom build (UK resident) and I do not have a hand book for it.

Does anybody else have this handle, or is able to advise?

Thanks

bbutter

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of a sight graduated like that. Is there any way you can get a "standard" elevation wheel for the rear sight? If nothing else, you can always simply zero at 50yds, which will kep the bullet within 2.5 inches of line-of-sight from 8M out to around 220M.

[url]http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite[/url] Click on the link for zeroing methods on the left, and check out the improved battlesight zero. That is, once MSN fixes whatever their problem is (links within the sight are not working, just now).
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Zardoz for the information. I think you sorted it for me when you said that you have never heard of such markings on an elevation wheel. I will try the gunsmith and then perhaps DPMS, and see what they have to say on the subject.

Thanks again
bbutter
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
After thinking about it, the only thing that makes sense it that the graduations may be for "Minute of Angle", which actually wouldn't be all that bad, as long as you know the trajectory of your ammo at a given range. I'll go out on a limb, and say it sounds like a sight intended for match shooting.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
See the discussion [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=169416]here[/url].  The upper wheels are interchangeable and you have one of the four (4) types I've seen.  Easy to replace.

-- Chuck
[Link Edited]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again Zardoz, Chuck, and all who have posted replies. The gun has a match barrel, and some mods to the trigger I believe, so if there is such a thing as a wheel intended for match shooting, that may be the answer.  
Perhaps the first port of call will be the gunsmith. see what he can tell me :-)

Thanks again
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top