Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 9:44:57 PM EDT
My first post here. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about this sight? I have a carry handle on my Colt, so it'll need the "forward" style mount. It looks like $299 gets you the whole package. I thank you.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Avoid it.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=167069&w=searchPop[/url]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=167191&w=searchPop[/url]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=165641&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:14:47 PM EDT
[#2]
As the moderator of this section, I am required by board protocal to give you an unbiased, fair and objective opinion of this optic. With all that in mind... I still think it sucks.

Think Aimpoint, EoTech, Reflex... but that C-more is awful. It is fragile, zeroing is a pain, low battery life, it is not paralex free like any other good dot sight.  If it were inexpensive I could at least say it is a good buy for the money. But it cost nearly as much as other optics many times better than it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Their customer service and warranty is horrible.  They only warranty the scope for 30 days.  Every part on the scope is considered a "wear" part and its replacement will incur cost.  The diode that produces the dot also wears out.  I've had some that only lasted 8 months before they burn out.  C-More's just plain suck.

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 4:58:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Well Here I go again.
I've used C-more on many firearms.
I have a SV race gun with one on it.
Five years of shooting 30,000+ rounds
0 problems
AR15 - 3  years - 10,000+ rounds - 0 problems.
Remington 1100 - 3 years - 2-3,000 rounds - 0 problems.
I shoot 3-gun matches with some of the stages being multi-gun. This means I may have to set one of them down in a hurry. Never had them go out of zero.

I can't say anything about customer service, since I've never had to call them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well Here I go again.
I've used C-more on many firearms.
I have a SV race gun with one on it.
0 problems
AR15 - 3  years - 10,000+ rounds - 0 problems.
Remington 1100 - 3 years - 2-3,000 rounds - 0 problems.
I shoot 3-gun matches with some of the stages being multi-gun. This means I may have to set one of them down in a hurry. Never had them go out of zero.

I can't say anything about customer service, since I've never had to call them.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=165641&w=searchPop

This is also linked by Lumpy up above.  within this thread, I had my say about the C-more. please read it and consider your option.

C-more is not bad for a race/range gun, it has no place on a serious action rifle.  if you are building a range gun, you can find a nice deal on a C-More, then go for it, but at the price they charge, which is around 250 dollars. you can find a nice EOTech 511 or an Aimpoint ML-XD on the equipement exchange board. more reliable, no parallex, none muzzle side signature, durable(notice in competition you might put the gun down fast, but in real world you might drop your gun while coming off a 10ft tall wall or slam your weapon to a concret post while trying to take cover) and most of all ease of operation for the user.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 3:51:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I am sure that there are folks on this board who are in law enforcement and the military who go into harms way each day and this post is not ment for them.

To those who want the real world excluding the above group, when is the last time you went off a 10 ft wall with your AR?  Can you climb a 10 ft wall?

I get tired of seeing people say you need an ACOG this or an Aimpoint that so you look the real thing.

If you want the real thing join the army  marine Corp or Navy and go special forces recon or seal.

Buying an ACOG or a special handguard you can hang a bunch of gear on, forward grips extension rails or flashlights will not put you in the real world.

I served my time in the Army in Vietnam and while I was there it was not the real world.
Going home was the real world...............

As I speak my colt M4 sets in the safe with a C-More tactical.  Its for range use.  Not the real world.

The same with the ACOG why pay the price for it when a Leupold will do nicely at 1/2 the cost
or less.  Because its the in thing to have right. In the real world lol..................
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:57:02 PM EDT
[#7]
0 problems
View Quote

The guys at Fulton Armory are crazy about the C-More Tactical, and I'm inclined to believe they know what they're talking about.

That said, you'll get my Aimpoint when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.  Or when I get the hang of BAC, whichever comes first .

jafager
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Being able to zero a rifle's sight and maintain it is NOT about posing.  Why solicit opinions if they arent wanted?  Buy what you want.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am sure that there are folks on this board who are in law enforcement and the military who go into harms way each day and this post is not ment for them.

I am a joe civilian.

Quoted:
To those who want the real world excluding the above group, when is the last time you went off a 10 ft wall with your AR?  Can you climb a 10 ft wall?

Being the biggest poser on this board, I have come off a ten ft wall just earlier this year with my gear and rifle scraping the top of the concrete wall and dragging my balls along with it in a near real world training class.  of course I had help getting up there.

Quoted:
I get tired of seeing people say you need an ACOG this or an Aimpoint that so you look the real thing.

I look good, that is half of the battle.  joking aside, I race SCCA, I run my 95 BMW M3 to the tilt.  I use nothing but the best parts in my car.  You won't find me buying brakes pads at your local auto parts store becuase you strive to be the best you can be in what ever you take part in. so in having the right equipment is part of the game.   I do the same in weaponary.  I will take time to learn and use my equipement and go to classes to get the full potential out of my rifle.  I will use my rifle, but I don't abuse it.  but my term of use and abuse is a big grey area.

Quoted:
If you want the real thing join the army  marine Corp or Navy and go special forces recon or seal.

Give those men the respect they deserve, Navy SEAL, not seal. there is no special force recon, just Force Recon.  

Quoted:
Buying an ACOG or a special handguard you can hang a bunch of gear on, forward grips extension rails or flashlights will not put you in the real world.

No, it won't, all the equipment added to the gun is value added weight that enhance the performance your fighting ability. that is if you take the time and learn to use the gear.

Quoted:
I served my time in the Army in Vietnam and while I was there it was not the real world.
Going home was the real world...............

With that, you have my full respect, to survive the hell hole that is the SE Asia is no small feat, I thank you for your sacrifices.

Quoted:
As I speak my colt M4 sets in the safe with a C-More tactical.  Its for range use.  Not the real world.

And as I type, I would still recommand against anyone investing in a C-more.  much better sight on the market with much higher performance level.

Quoted:
The same with the ACOG why pay the price for it when a Leupold will do nicely at 1/2 the cost
or less.  Because its the in thing to have right. In the real world lol..................

It is not the in thing, I have used ACOG before the military started using them enmass, I had a M4 in 1989 while the rest of the world is still running around with CAR15s. it is not the in thing I am going after, it is the performance the best equipment money buy thing I am going after.  while doing so, I try to give my honest opinion to those whom will listen so they can avoid mistakes I have made with my money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had a M4 in 1989 while the rest of the world is still running around with CAR15s.
View Quote

I was 19 [shock]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 5:36:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Profit margin must be high on this sight if Fulton Armory recommends it.  It's a fragile sight which performs poorly in the field.

Spend the money on the Aimpoint CompM2.  If you see a good condition CompM at a good price grab it, I'm still using mine.  Spend the extra few bucks on the M2 (or M) models and avoid the ML2 (ML) versions.  Not sure the engineering or physics involved in the different optics but the non-L versions are better even in general use where you don't have NVDs.

Mount this sight on either the standard Aimpoint Forward Mount (as seen on TV!) or the ARMS #39A2 plus.  Standard Aimpoint Quick Release Mount is my choice, or the ARMS #22M4; both with[i]out[/i] the spacer.

Won't be $299 though, but it'll last for years.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Chuck, what is the difference between the M2 and ML2 models?? other than the brightness settings?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top