Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2003 7:37:24 PM EDT
Pentax Lightseeker 30 mm mildot, or Burris Black Diamond 30mm or Springfield Armory ?  Haven't had any experience with any of these and am looking for something with extremely clean optics and good light gathering ability for mounting on SPR/perimeter type rifle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have very little experience in this, but I see lots of Leupold scopes on SPRs and no Burris and Pentax, I think most folks simply adhere to building the version that mimics the military version the most?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:22:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Out of the three, I only have exp with 1, the Springfield piece of crap, a Gen III 4.5-14.

The Springfields are way over priced for what you get.  They should be more inline with the Tascos if you ask me.  (the horror stories of Springfiled scopes breaking are abundant on this board and others, although there are a few happy lucky owners)  

I have heard some good things about the Burris BDs before, but no first hand exp.

What power scope are looking for, and how much are you willing to spend.  You'll probably get soem more ideas if we know those 2 things.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:38:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm wanting something with more magnification than the leupold's....more along the lines of a 6-20 or 8-32.  Overkill probably for a .223 but I like to see my target very well...lol.  Would love to have a nightforce, but just a little too high for me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Troy...that's true.  This is going to be pretty much a bipod gun or shot off a steady rest, however that's why I want something with a useable low end..:-)  However...a 4-16 would probably give me all the mag I need.  I think I may save the money for a higher mag scope for my bolt gun.  Oh well...choices choices.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Gee I'm one of the "lucky" guys with a Springfield Armory scope. I've build a summer home with it and use it to pound tent stakes in while camping.

Seriously I haven't had problem one with mine in the five years I've owned it. It's been on a FAL, M1A and now sits on a Remington 700.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top