Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2003 6:06:58 PM EDT
I really like new-arguy's compact ACOG, but I simply do not have that kind of money.

I'm considering a gooseneck mounted Aimpoint or Eotech for my A2.  I'd like to see some pictures of yours, and some discussion, if you all would be so kind.  

Pros & Cons of goosneck vs handle mount?  Recommended models?  Models to stay away from?

I'm leaning heavily towards gooseneck, but I'm always listen to hear out folks that have already had the headaches that I'm about to have.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The ARMs #39 is not that much less than a new flat top upper (still have to get a BUIS if none are in the junk box, however, since had a good junk bod [:)] went with plan "B" and swapped uppers.)
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The ARMS #39 is the best out there. I could mount directly to the FIRSH handguard I use but the #39 co-Witts so nicely and I like the idea of having my optics mounted on my receiver.

[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0RACz*2UTV4dPpMXj7jWBwD!Yk2ECd0*gRJac6*weEBIZ9s0DgZiMLg1e!HXw2FJoyB3bufuAOOb3pofQbHMYzumZlchUJG2LATInO5B3zI0/Range%20021.jpg?dc=4675418926559698804[/img]
[img]http://www.msnusers.com/_Secure/0TQDUAu4VHEbqL!HZE4xdU!8qQiSIVRf9vTlmmzd2ydU!LhkbsZtwbikQzvD9xw4UQnlrn4*RGr6hyhvXOpvFnaXlkA4zKN2Svn3Q*XOorkxJ94ypOjvnmg/Finished%20AR1%20013.jpg?dc=4675419207689048361[/img]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
The #39 allows you to mount the Aimpoint well forward and allows for co-witnessing of the front sight. This really aids in fast target aquisition with both eyes open. IMO, handle mounted optics just sit too high for a good cheek weld. Since we are all built a bit differently, the handle mount may work as well, or even better, for some.
YMMV
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top