Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2003 4:53:00 PM EDT
I put a Knight crosshair front sight on my Colt SP1, as it is easier on my eyes.  I think it would be similar to a globe sight.  When I lower it as far as it will go between the front sight posts, my zero is off from the normal position for the rear sight.  I can zero it fine when I raise both the front and rear sights, but then I run out of available thread on the rear sight to raise it for longer distances.  Is there a rear sight assembly out there with longer threads that would allow me to raise the rear sight aperture higher?
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried filing down the sides of the front sight a little bit? This'll help you to get it to go lower in the tower, and is probably your only way to fix it while keeping your current front sight; I don't think there's anything like you describe available for the rear sight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Zardoz, I had a similar suggestion from staff at Bushmaster but thought I'd look for options before putting a file to it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top