Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2003 12:05:30 PM EDT
I have an Armalite 20" A3 upper with freefloat handguards and was looking for a scope. I have kind of set my eyes on a Leupold Vari-XIII 3.5-10x50 with illuminated mildot recticle. Was wondering if anyone had excperience with this scope, or had any other recomendations in the same price range?  I'm only looking for illuminated recticle scopes. The rifle will be used soely for afternoon desert plinking. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:32:54 AM EDT
[#1]
^^^^
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a good choice.

I plan on going with a Lupy 3.5x10 LR M3 myself.

Joe
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at the Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x50 illuminated recticle.  I think it runs about $400 at swfa.com.  I have a 4200 and a Vari-XIII and the 4200 is brighter and has better resolution.

The Leupold is a good scope, but the top of the line Bushnells, Nikons and Weavers are about as good or better, and cost less.  These other scopes probably are not offered with the mildots though.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top