Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2003 4:15:25 AM EDT
So I am mounting the Aimpoint on my 20" flatop and have a few questions regarding sighting in:

1.) Are the instructions pretty much sufficient?  Or is there an FAQ on this around somewhere?

2.) I am putting on an ARMS #40 rear site, do I use the "battle-zero" sight-in sequence with that one, through the Aimpoint?

3.) What does everyone else have their's sighted in at, dead on, 200 yards?? etc.

I am using the whole catilever spacer, throw-mount config, etc. that Troy and Co. recomended. Thanks.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got done sighting in my aimpoint on a brand new rifle so I'll see what I can help with.  The only difference between yours and mine is that mine is a 16inch.

Your best bet is to leave the aimpoint off, and sight in the back ups first.  I have mine sighted in at 25yrds for the moment(had a CQB Shoot this weekend) and will be changing that to 50 yrds as that is supposed to give you a pretty good 200 meter battle sight as well.

Once you have the rifle sighted in with iron sights at 50 meters, mount the Aimpoint and adjust the dot so that it sits directly on top of the front post.  With this done you should be [i]almost[/i] dead on with the aimpoint.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#2]
That sounds like a good method.  I will try that and report back as well.

I have mounted a few scopes over the years but no red-dots or anything like that, so this will be a first.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey, I found this, It might be helpful:

http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/aimointm68zeroingmethod.msnw
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top