Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2003 7:35:35 PM EDT
This is my Urban Tactical Warrior (kidding..).

Anyways, I'm thinking of replacing the Aimpoint with an ACOG (TA31/31A?) and was wondering if it would sight in properly seeing it would have to sit on top of the SIR.  Which mount would be best for this setup?

Thanks in advance...

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#1]
19S should do just fine, or the old stand by TA51.  TA51 will sit a bit lower, but I'd go with 19S either way.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
So the extra height of the SIR won't affect mounting an ACOG?  Good to hear.  Does anyone have a similar setup w/ACOG that can share some feedback?  

Also, will the OTAL laser obscure the sight picture at all?  I know the front sight tends to blur out, but I don't know if the OTAL will be in the way.  

Thanks for your input in advance.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
The extra height will make you lift your cheek up off the stock slightly. Only you can say if this will bother you or not. I have one set up like this and have used both the TA51 and the ARMS #19s mount. Neither have bothered me in the slightest.

Mounting this way, if you get the TA31 and zero 1" high at 100, your BDC reticle will be right on.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The extra height will make you lift your cheek up off the stock slightly. Only you can say if this will bother you or not. I have one set up like this and have used both the TA55 and the ARMS #19s mount. Neither have bothered me in the slightest.

Mounting this way, if you get the TA31 and zero 1" high at 100, your BDC reticle will be right on.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The OTAL doesn't show up in the sight picture at all on mine, and for your setup it sits still lower than the upper receiver where the scope will mount [:)]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Duffy.  I was a little concerned I would see the OTAL knob since I can see it now in the Aimpoint.  

I'd love to see a pic of your rifle with the ACOG if you have one.  I'm still trying to get over the sticker shock of the TA31!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is mine with a TA-11 on an ARMS #19A and SIR 50. I have not had any problems with this set up. I do not see the front sight in the ACOG at all.

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/054105.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Here you go [:)]
[img]home.earthlink.net/~whitman/ACCESSORIES.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
[url]home.earthlink.net/~whitman/ACCESSORIES.JPG[/url]
View Quote

is that duct-tape on the stock????
[lol]

Nice carbine!! even with the tape [;D]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[url]home.earthlink.net/~whitman/ACCESSORIES.JPG[/url]
View Quote

is that duct-tape on the stock????
[lol]

Nice carbine!! even with the tape [;D]
View Quote

My edjumacated guess is that Duffy has a beard [img]http://images.ar15.com/forums/smiles/anim_bannana.gif[/img]

Thanks guys for the pics!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:53:12 PM EDT
[#11]
haha no I don't have beard other than the 5 o'clock shadow.  If you look closely you'll see I taped up all the holes on the stock with the "100mph" tape.  I had at first taped up both sides of the geared surface on the Vltor  but I took off the left side (where my face rubs against) because it became uncomfortable.  I've found often a piece of that tape comes in handy so I left the right side tapes there, I also taped up the SureFire logo because it stood out too much on an otherwise dark rifle [:p]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#12]
...SureFire logo because it stood out too much on an otherwise dark rifle
View Quote

I did my little QD ring on the VLTOR- too damn silver shiny for me.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top