Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2003 12:36:04 PM EDT
Took my newly obtained Tasco SS 16x to the range today atop my A2 handle mount and as I shot, the cross hairs began to rotate.  Does this mean something is loose on the inside of the scope?  This is suppose to be a great scope, and given the mild .223 recoil, I don't see how something could have shaken loose.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Are your rings securely attached to the rifle, and the scope secure in the rings?  If so, I'd say return it for another one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The scope was attatched well and did not turn.  It was just the reticule that had moved.  This sucks.  No way that scope is that is that fragile.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Might I recommend Leupold for your next scope purchase...
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Same thing just happened to my SS10x42M this morning, during the 2nd day of a 2-day precision rifle/sniper course. Duffy was there. He saw it. I'm getting it fixed and then I'm going to sell it. I only had about 300 rounds on it but I bought it used so no telling how many total it had. Doesn't matter. They shouldn't break like that.

I'm buying a Leupold, probably a Mk4 M1. I don't like using equipment that fails.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:00:13 AM EDT
[#5]
What really stinks is SWFA won't replace the scope.  I have to send it to some company in Fl, who does all of the warrenty work for the bought out tasco company.  I don't think SWFA should sell this scope if they won't replace it themselves!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What really stinks is SWFA won't replace the scope.  I have to send it to some company in Fl, who does all of the warrenty work for the bought out tasco company.  I don't think SWFA should sell this scope if they won't replace it themselves!
View Quote

SWFA sells scopes.  they don't warrantee scopes.  just because some places take back broken junk doesn't mean everyone will.  

next time buy Leupold.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]
When I sent by scope in for repair it took 2 months to get it back. It went right to ebay when I got it back.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:31:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey, when someone markets a scope to be able to handle a .50 cal and I mount it on a .223 and the reticule breaks, I expect a company who is marketing this scope the way they do, to take some responsibility.  It's good PR.  I may want to deal with them again if they did that.
BTW 308, if they marketed it as "junk" I would have never bought it in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
pongoar and big bear,

If you have not already sent your scopes off to tasco (ABO) or Bushnell contact me.  Bushnell is very interested in sending these scopes to Japan to see what caused these scopes to fail as this is the first known reticle rotation problems we have heard of.  I can send you brand new latest production models of what you currently have.

[email protected]
View Quote

Whoa, hows that for CS?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks a bunch Chris. Talk about top notch customer service, that's an offer I can't refuse. I saw your reply in the Industry forum too. I'll ship it to you sometime this week. Thanks again for standing behind your products.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I was thinking of buying one of the SS10x42's, then I started reading this thread and realized there may be a problem with them.  Then I read SWFA's offer to replace them and thought maybe those were isolated incidents.

I'm so confused!

I really need a 30mm scope, in the 10x range, but don't want to spend $800+ like I did on a Leupold M1.  Are these safe bets, or should I look at another scope???
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds good SWFA.  I really appreciate the customer service.  I will read the Industry forum and send the scope.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#14]
How about Nikon?  Even some of the other brands are okay, just don't get the cheap models, get the top models of an inexpensive brand/line of scopes.  You know, not all the Leupolds are that expensive, there are fine Leupolds for $350-$500.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Poor Big Bear, what a let down on the second day, also the fun part of the course.  I did see it, also saw little black dots/lines scattered in the sight picture, as if something got shaken loose.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top