Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2003 11:58:43 AM EDT
I have the OKO "W" sight that I recently got from another member. Found one of the clamps broke as soon as I opened the box. That was a bad surprise.

Well anyways, does anyone know where to get a replacement locking clamp and for how much?

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like I am going to need some new screws for the mounts as well. Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 8/31/2003 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Try contacting Cav Arms. I believe they're the importer of OKO sights. Also, when you do finally get it fixed try not to over torque the the hex head screws, it doesn't take much to secure it to the rail. Another thing, you might want to look into to getting the SC4 guard/mount.

By "a bad surprise" do you mean that the seller did not inform you of this "little" problem??
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks 2Manchu for your suggestion.

As for the "bad surprise" well I was not told that there was anything wrong with it.

I am still trying to see what his response is to this "little" [:(!] problem.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Hitman

When you get the OKO up and running I would be very interested in knowing how it works. I've looked at a couple of red dots and that one is one of the finalists. I'm looking at putting it on a CAR.

Link Posted: 9/2/2003 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Just wanted to update this thread. Well after emailing the original seller his email bounced as unknown. I resent another email the next day and still have not heard from him.

So I took Cav Arms offer to take a look and fix my OKO. I can not say enough about their company. They replaced all 4 feets and screws and fedex it back to me. Excellent Service and I now hope to buy some more accessories from them for my OKO.

One of the last emails I got from him (before his email bounced and now is not responding) was that he said his friend was the one holding on to the OKO and that it was his friend that took the OKO off. He offered to fix the problem but then that was when the emails bounced and he did not respond to subsequent emails. Up to now I still have not heard from the original seller so I will not pursue the issue any longer.

I have it mounted on my FN shotgun but can not shot it till next thursday. As for now I love this thing. Fits real well and the view is very clear. Thanks to all for your comments.

Update: To be fair to the other guy it looks like he sent me some replacement feet for the OKO. Even though it was already repaired and returned to me by Cav Arms which was faster than the parts he sent. I guess he just doesn't get around to responding to email that often so there is a big gap in communications. We are squared away.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the OKO in my final group of dot sights as well.  Can you take a "sight picture" of this and post it?  

I was never quick enough to catch one on the EE.     I did catch a Hakko BED-24 (last year's model) and installed it this weekend.  I love it.  I'll take a "sight picture" and try to post it. I had to modify it a bit to fit with my #40, but the new BED-25 is a shorter unit and should clear the #40.  YMMV.

Jeff D.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top