Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2003 4:49:38 PM EDT
I just got my rifle DPMS a few weeks ago, went to a show in Tampa and fell in absolute awe of the TA31 scope.

Even got a pretty good price, CSgunworks is outstanding. But, with mounting hardware it is still $870...That is still a lot of money.

I know it is an outstanding scope and I could swing it (plastic) but that's a big hit after only a couple weeks of forking out for a rifle.

I like a lot of different guns, for $870 I could get a new CZ P-O1 AND a Ruger GP-100. That's two great handguns for the price of a scope.

I would not mind waiting until it a little $$$ easier but...I am afraid that Trijicon will Doink the dealers up $200-300 per scope which would drive the price past $1000 mark and if money fell from the sky...I am not spending $1000 on a scope.

Also, I'm afraid of a availibilty factor. So I kinda feel like if I don't pull the trigger now...the TA31 will disappear from me for good.

Any Ideas or insight or encouragemnet....
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Doink? [ROFL]
If your heart is set on it, just bite the bullet.  The sooner you get it the sooner the urge will stop bugging you.  For months I kept telling myself the TA11 I have is close enough and better in some ways, I finally just gave in.  I'd stop thinking what I could get for the dough I fork out for the scope if I were you, you could also use it as a down payment on a new car, save it for a down payment on your new house, a trip to Hawaii, etc. etc., it won't ever end, I tell you, till you finally get it [;)]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
TA31 will exist. Don't worry, the war is over, isn't it.

As the GIs come back from Iraq. Some of them will sell their equipments. You may well pick one with reasonable price.

I don't think ACOG is for everyone. You may pretty much do the same jobs (CQB) with other quality scopes costing you much less money. However, there is something money can't buy. Some people pick ACOG simply because our GIs are using them. Building a weapon which as close as military configuration is a dream for many GI fans. That is why they would pay that much to build up their dream.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy it and give it a try. As long as you don't beat the hell out of it you can sell it and get almost all of your money back.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a TA31 donut, if you don't like it, I will buy it from you.

Grant at G&R tactical has the best price on the TA31.  

[email protected]

757-515-8580
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 5:27:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Buy a TA31 donut, if you don't like it, I will buy it from you.

Grant at G&R tactical has the best price on the TA31.  

[email protected]

757-515-8580
View Quote

Grant's email address change to [email][email protected][/email] recently.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Buy it and get it over with [;)]

Seriously, they are the best general purpose AR scope.  There are better intermediate and long range scopes, there are better CQB scopes, but if I could only have 1 rifle and 1 scope (shudder), the scope would be a TA-31.

A used one sold last night on the EE for $775, seemingly in minutes.  Check around, you may find a better deal, or go for the sure thing at the local shop, it is not an unreasonable price these days.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top