Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2003 6:07:28 AM EDT
I'm thinking this scope might be neat for my AR as well as for my shotgun during deer season.  Found it for $399 which seems like a good deal too.  It's a little longer than I'd like at 9.3", but might be servicable.  I wonder if it will fit my flattop w/o removing my ARMS BUIS?Any opinions on this?  I think this scope has the same reticle as Leupold's CQB scope, which I think some of you don't care for.  They also offer a few other versions with lighted crosshairs.  I have very little experience with optics, so any opinions you guys can offer will be appreciated.

Thanks!  

Vari-X III 1.5-5x20mm Illuminated Reticle
Matte/Illuminated Circle Dot

Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got the 30mm tube version..one with the duplex/ CQB -lit reticle..
Works good..optics clear..
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the 1.5x5, 1" tube no illum.  It currently sits in ARMS #22 med. rings (w/ inserts) atop a GG&G scout rail.  No BUIS yet.

I originally tried it on an ARMS #38EX, but I had to position both rings behind the W/E adjustments in order to clear the BUIS part of the rail.  This sucked, so I sold the ARMS rail and bought the GG&G.

The scout rail is a little bit longer than the #38EX, allows more fwd. mounting.

With ARMS BUIS mounted, you may have to position both rings behind the windage/elev. adjustments to get it forward enough to clear.

Hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top