Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2003 11:59:47 AM EDT
Ok can someone tell me about the CAT front and rear flip up sights and how they have 2 different notches?  The pic on MSTN accessories doesn't show a second notch on the rear but it does on the front.  I know that the 2 notch rear exists because I have handled it before.  When did this come out?  Are the 2 different notches some sort of fixed elevation system, the front has a standard post elevation?  Or are they just for co-witness height adjustment?  You can figure out from the pics how it works.  A torsion spring forces the sight bar down, but another torsion spring (may be one piece spring for both?) pushes the locking bar back.

Ok what about this new spring loaded, detent locked rear flip up that is supposedly Army issue?  It has a BDC cam lever on the left side in addition to windage adjustment.  I haven't been able to find any pictures or anything about it online.

Both of these sights appear to be well made, and if I remember properly, competative in price to the ARMS #40.

Surely someone has some info on these sights?  Both lock up solidly and/or were spring-loaded which would be a major factor in a quality BUIS.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump! in search of an answer
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top