Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2003 6:23:42 AM EDT
I just got my EOTech 552 and had a question.  Is it normall for the recticle to be "fuzzy"?  It isn't well defined, works fine, but I haven't ever looked through another so I can only compare it to my Kobra on my AK which has very well defined lines.  This seems to be more of a blurry line.  It will work fine this way, but I wanted to see if all of them are the same or not.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, try playing with the brightness levels. In different light conditions turning it up or down will make the "fuzziness" go away.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:48:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Just turn down the light level-you'll see.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 6:53:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Also you should be opening both eyes and focusing on the target (NOT THE RETICLE).

Your brain will then allow your eyes to better focus on the reticle which is focused perfectly at 50yds so if you are looking at a target throught the glass 50yds or further away it should be clear.

I had that same problem if I focus on the reticle the reticle gets fuzzy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where is the FAQ for EOTech's at!!!

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=164302&w=searchPop[/url]

Here is your answer XCR44OSP:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=161008&w=searchPop[/url]

C4
View Quote

I am working on it, the FAQ plus the handguard test that is coming up quick I am getting a little busy. [:)]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I've always found the NV compatible EOTech's to have a clearer reticle than the non-NV ones.  Don't know if the electronics are tweaked in them, but they are clearer in my experience.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top