Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2003 9:39:44 PM EDT
I'm considering building an m1a with scout scope mount.

I'm just wondering what my options are in terms of traditional (non red-dot) scopes?

I heard the Leupold m8 2.5x20mm compact may just do the trick, but I'm concerned about eye relief?

anything up that alley that you guys know about that would make the project worthwhile?
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
In the scout platform the Leupy is the way to go Plenty of eye relief...
Someone else had an interesting idea have not tried it...he was using a Thompson Contender illuminated variable scope..
Cant recall the magnification powers but really talked up his setup...If the scope is hearty enough this to me would be a bit better..as the 308 rifle can use more magnification to a better advantage than a handgun..imo
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:48:53 PM EDT
[#2]
There are really only two scout scopes on the market, one from Leupold and one from Burris.  The Leupold is much newer and is of much better quality.

Make sure your looking at the Leupold Intermediate Eye Relief (IER) scout scope.  I thought it was 2.5x32.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top