Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 9:56:16 PM EDT
I am considering options for a 16" 9mm A2.  I already have the TA50-R4 on a .223, but thought it might work better on this instead since the crosshair retical doesn't have rangefinding ticks (which I don't really need on the 9mm).  

My other considerations were a #39 gooseneck setup (I don't like the Sir-51), after seeing the pics on Charging_Handle's thread about mounting a Comp-M.  This would be my first Aimpoint purchase.

I was also interested in the new chevron Reflex RX09, which has the Cyalume assist.  I've never seen anyone post info or pics of that item, and wonder it would still have the washout and other problems of the previous Reflex/II models.  I take it the Cyalume is for night use only?  

Thanks for any input.

Link Posted: 8/23/2003 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Also looking at an Aimpoint for a 9mm upper (in this case an A1), however, while the #39 appears to be nearly the best option, would recommend taking a look before buying.

Noticed that the channel is smaller than the standard carry handel and start to restrict one's field of view, in particular on the bottom of the large rear appearture (in theory you have both eyes open and this is not much of an issue).

This has cause me to stop for the moment and consider building a flat top 9mm upper.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top