Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 6:14:58 PM EDT
I know this has been asked a million times, but a search produced no good options.

I'm looking for a QUALITY carry handle scope in the 4x or 6x power range, and would be willing to break it down to a separate mount, rings, scope setup if necessary.  Ideally I'd like a scope with  integrated carry handle mount.  It also must be COMPACT.  I'm not interested in anything over 10", if possible.

NO LEAPERS, NO RED DOTS, NO CHINESE

I'm also not in the market for an ACOG.  I know they're nice, but they're not in the budget.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
price range ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:35:54 PM EDT
[#2]
ACOG... oh yeah, thats right, you said no ACOGs. Well, in that case, maybe a Compact ACOG? [;)]
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Save up and get an ACOG.

OR

Get one of the Colt 4 power carry handle scopes. You get a very compact scope that comes with its own mount. And they are asthetically appealing.

OR you can just save up and get and ACOG, any ACOG.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 4:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I know I said ACOG's were out of the budget, but if I was able to scrape enough together, which compact model would you pick?  I'm still looking for a nice "scope" though, something under $300.

I'm just surprised the only thing I can find are low-end $30-$50 setups.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Compact AGOG - I like the longer eye relief of the TA-47-2. That is the 2X20mm with a the triangle.

Standard ACOG's - I use a TA-11 but the TA-31 is not a bad choice at all.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top