Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2003 8:49:19 PM EDT
At  the gunshow today a little blue box with Nightforce on it caught my eye. I haven't seen anything like it in nightforce's lineup. Maybe slightly larger that the Colt scope with the ocular bells. Documentation was a bad photocopy-one side hand drawn explaining the ranging reticle.

Does Nightforce make a little scope like this? Dealer wanted 329 IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 9:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Nightforce is making a Mil-Spec 4x scope for the military, it is not for sale for the public as of yet.  ths last I heard it is under testing.  It would be interesting to have seen it or a picture of it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#2]
when i bought my NF scope they said the 4x might be available to the public by early next year. i'd love to see it also.
Link Posted: 8/18/2003 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Very interesting. There was nothing to suggest military about it.

I got the guys card, might give him a call.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#4]
the scope i am thinking of is being evaluated by the military right now as per NF.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, the guy was at the show again, and I took a closer look at it. Made in Japan, adjustable objective to 1000, made in Japan, 1/4 moa marked elevation turret. These are about 4 years old. The eye relief seems adequate for a .308, 3-4 inches, seemed like %50 more than the 4x20 colt next to it (also made in Japan, Asia Optical QC sticker)

Edited to add, made in Japan.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:15:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey, where is this scope made? [;)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#7]
If it doesn't appear on their website, is significantly cheaper than their usual products, and has a poor manual, I'd be very suspcious.  I don't believe my eyes at gunshows anymore.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If it doesn't appear on their website, is significantly cheaper than their usual products, and has a poor manual, I'd be very suspcious.  I don't believe my eyes at gunshows anymore.
View Quote

So I called Nightforce and Kevin said yes, from the description this would be one of their products. I also invited them to drop in here.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:51:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Good idea to check with the company.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top