Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2003 12:39:18 PM EDT
Has anyone had issues with the front iron sight on a TA01NSN being way off?

Mine seems to be, the front sight also apears to be offset to thee right (in the wrong direction).

Anyone have experiance with Trijicon on warranty service?

Thanks for the help
Jeff
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
yes.  almost ever NSN has needs the front sight to be drifted to align with the rear sight.  Even "aligned" the sights are of minimum usage.  Check out how some on the board have attached small red dots (Doktor Jpoint) to the rear ears.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
what itsallgood said. I drifted mine, even then it's pretty useless because now the windage is fine, but the elevation sucks and can't be adjusted.
Many folks have put either Docter or Optima sights on theirs, it's an expensive fix but now we got ourselves a dual purpose sight.
[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid63/p750350abe30f36d40bd875d2221c84fa/fc188b8b.jpg[/img]

[img]www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid44/p8fc5c89af79f7f6b2e2810efa6869ca1/fcdeaa71.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!

I guess I'm not alone here.

I kinda wanted a functional set of iron sights though. I already have an Aimpoint M2, but may go with a Doctor. Where does one find the mount for a Doctor?

Duffy, nice looking rifle!
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
M4, if I had to do it over again, first I would skip the TA01NSN and get a TA31 instead, or I'd keep the TA01NSN, swap out the TA51 mount with an ARMS 19S, get a good rear backup sight like KAC 300M or ARMS #40 and not use the backup sights on the scope at all.  If the scope should fail (from what I hear the rifle will be destroyed before the scope succumbs), simply flip the lever and use the sights on your rifle.
I'm delaying the purchase of a TA31 because I'm still in love with my TA11.

Winston Wolf is working on a Docter and Optima mount.  If you can't wait, you can go to [url]specwargear.com/[/url], go to their SpecWarGear sale board.  I emailed them couple of times, they don't have a good business sense.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Duffy,
Have the Arms 40 and 19S setup. Mainly, so I can switch out to my M2 quickly. Kinda wanted a real set of irons on top of the NSN in case time was not available to switch out optics. Doctor seems like it may work out. really didn't want to drop much more $ on optics...

Been thinking about tradingthe NSN for a TA31 also, not sure how precise the retical is though. Again I already have an M2 for the close stuff.

Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Many folks including myself had doubts about the donut being less precise than the crosshair, such doubts usually disappear in seconds after you bring it to the range to sight it in.  It's a trade off, all things considered the TA11/TA31 scopes are more usable than the TA01 series.  I'm putting the TA01NSN on a 20" rifle after I get a TA31, even though it's calibrated for shorter barrels.  It seems more fitting to have finer crosshair reticles on a longer range rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top