Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2003 4:10:06 AM EDT
I have tried to order an arms #36 mount from this company and for several days nobody answers phones or e-mails.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:19:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't deal with this company guys.
View Quote

While I've just come back off vacation and do not know all the particulars, believe I caught a thread the other day about some emergency. Since your a newbie, perhaps ya don't know that comments like yours can be quite derogatory, especially when such little is known about you.

As Donnie is a police officer, sometimes things come up, and while this may be your opinion, (one which your entirely entitled to) based on ONE transaction, I have ordered plenty of uppers, Aimpoints, EOTechs and ARMS products from Donnie/SABLECO over the last couple years and [b]he is a top notch, straight up dealer[/b].

[b]I'd order from him again in a NY minute![/b]

Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought (2) M-900A's and accompanying accessories from Sableco and they transaction went fine.

I have to say the 15% restocking fee sounds a bit strange. Why would they charge you 15% for just canceling an order?
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:29:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Believe there is more to this than "nr" states, but a re-stocking fee is very common nowdays as sometimes retailers get lousy customers....

From his own site:

[blue]Ordering Information/Options

SABLE CO. does not try to make money on shipping costs, as some other retailers do.  Your price quote will include the approximate cost for the actual shipping charges.  Advise SABLE CO. if you want the packages insured at the time of order.  Orders are shipped by way of U.S. Postal Service Priority 2-3 Day Mail, or UPS for firearms.  Any other shipping arrangements must be made prior to shipment.  Once your order is shipped, SABLE CO. is not responsible for the delivery or condition of the package.

The buyer is responsible for obeying all state, local, and federal laws for the items the purchase!

All products are covered by the manufacturers warranty, and must be returned to them for warranty claims.  All sales are final unless pre-approved for return.  [b]All returns and cancellations subject to a 15% restocking fee[/b].  Prices are subject to change without notice.  SABLE CO. is not responsible for typographical errors.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL!  No refunds/returns without prior authorization from SABLE CO.

Send money orders and cashiers checks to this address:

SABLE CO.
1902 2nd Ave
P.O. Box 325
Rapids City, IL 61278

Phone (309)496-3030 or (309)496-2020
Fax (309)496-3020

Click here to email us:  [email protected][/blue]

Again, I'd reserve judgment in this case till Donnie responds.....

Mike
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:39:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
What ever you do don't criticize them on this board.  They believe that they don't have to follow good business practices & they WILL threaten you if you criticize them.

They apparently ARE above the law on this board because the mods & staff jump in & protect them at every chance.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:58:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys I corrected the post. My wife did that. She can be so hot blooded at times. I did order something from sableco that did not arrive. I have since cancelled the order and ordered from another dealer. Sorry about the bad post. I gotta deal with her now.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Donnie @ Sableco is a good guy and think his 15% restocking fee is a good idea. I frequently get stuck with high dollar (no one else would want) gear that a customer special ordered. My current way to fix this issue is to require the customer to put half down on the special order item...
C4
View Quote

I can understand a restocking fee on items that a dealer has to "special order" (e.g., they normally do not stock an item but will "order" it "specially" for you). But, a restocking fee on something a dealer normally stocks doesn't seem right. For example, you order an item that a dealer normally stocks but they have them on backorder at the time. Then you find said item in stock at another dealer so you want to cancel your order with the original dealer. If the original dealer wants to charge you a restocking fee, that's not right in my book.

I worked in retail for 12 yrs. and if a customer wanted to order something we did not stock (e.g. a specialty item), we had a similar policy to cover our butts as well.

I would guess a ARMS #36 would fall into the category of items that a dealer doesn't normally stock.

C4iGrant, I think your 1/2 on special order items is spot on. If someone really wants something, they will have no problem with it. Heck, if it was me, I would probably just want to pay for the item in full and be done with it.

Too many consumers have no clue about the hassles a dealer has to deal with. The customer/dealer relationship is a two way street. The dealer expects that if you order something, you're going to buy it. The customer expects that when they enter into a transaction with a dealer, they will be treated with courtesy and respect. The customers that don't understand this are usually the ones that have problems somewhere down the line.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:07:38 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife exagerated. Sableco did not charge me any restocking fee. I think she posted that to make her point.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#9]
C4iGrant, I think your 1/2 on special order items is spot on. If someone really wants something, they will have no problem with it. Heck, if it was me, I would probably just want to pay for the item in full and be done with it.
View Quote
Me, too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I will say that about 1.5 years ago I ordered from Sableco a couple times and received great service.

Recently however it's been... order online or send an email... wait a week with no contact... email asking for status... wait a few days... get a reply... wait... wait... item arrives.

I've been having a worse experience with Lightfighter. I've been waiting for an Eagle M16 thigh rig for three months from them. And they already charged my card. Some of these companies need to remember that communication is your friend. :)
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah... you got to watch out for those hot headed [b]wives[/b] that impersonate their spouse and talk trash... [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 5:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi, I ordered a lower receiver from Sable Co. on 5-16-03 and had excellent communication and received it less than a week. But I talked to Robert.

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 9:16:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks Luke, I left Sableco in July and will miss talking to the many customers and friends I have made. I have devoted my time developing AR products through my own company and hope to have some of the AR15 members test and evaluate them (read: abuse the hell out of them!)Still awaiting our manufacturers liscense and hope ATF will be forthcoming shortly (sigh...)

Robert
www.rbprecision.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I've heard a lot of bad things about Sableco recently. Has Donnie posted anything to explain why he's got so many unhappy customers?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've heard a lot of bad things about Sableco recently. Has Donnie posted anything to explain why he's got so many unhappy customers?
View Quote

What I know, and what he's communicated to me, I posted here: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=109&t=177921&w=myTopicPop[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#16]
MrWilson, please keep us updated.
My friends and I have always had great luck with Donnie, but I had problems with my last two orders (back around April-May) and now place my orders with Steve at ADCOFirearms.
Sableco was very apologetic and took full responsibility but I still did not have my order after being promised it would be shipped 2 or 3 times.  
I hope Donnie gets it worked out and we can do business in the future.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#17]
As previuosly stated, Donnie is a stand-up guy, read here: [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=168728[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Donnie has got back with me and apologized for all that has happened. He not only sent my parts. He gave me a discount and he shipped for free. Donnie personally called me and fixed the problem. Donnie is a stand up guy.
I will without a doubt deal with him again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a stripped lower from them on 8/13, as of today, it has not shipped but I have not been charged for it.  I've been told for about two weeks that they have my lower with my name on it, and would ship just as soon as all the paperwork was cleared up.  Then they called and told me that they lost the copy of my FFL and wanted to know if I could have him send another before they could ship.  Needless to say he wasn't very happy about that, but he sent one.  DJ took reponsibility for the FFL, but as of now, it still hasn't shipped and I still haven't been charged.  On the other hand I ordered my lower parts kit form ADCO on Tuesday 9/2 and received it yesterday, 3 days later!  So it has beaten the lower here and was ordered 2 weeks later.  Sableco has been nothing but nice, but nice doesn't get what I ordered.  I thinkg I'll be going with ADCO for my upper, unless something changes.  I like Sableco's prices and selection, the sales staff has been nice, but they just seem to be having some problems.  I saw Donny's post here, and sympathise, truly.  I just don't see much being done to correct the situation right now.  I hope to be able to do some business with them in the future, but it'll be a few months at least.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top