Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2003 11:02:33 AM EDT
I'm looking to get a spotting scope and I have seen ads for a Kowa TS-502 which is a smaller scope for bird watching and also recommended for target shooting.  It's a fixed power 20x or available with a 20-40x eye piece.  The scope runs a touch under $200.  It's got a 50mm objective lense.  Anyone have any experience with these?

Can I get away with a fixed 20x for checking 22 cal holes at 100-200 yards?  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#1]
FWIW, I just got a Burris Landmark 20-60x80 spotting scope from Natchez for a little over $200.  I used it at the range (100 yds), and it was very clear at that range for seeing .22 & .30 cal holes.  I think it would be good at least out to 200 yds for .22 holes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered one from the [url]ww.sportsmansguide.com[/url] for under a $100 and it suits my needs just fine.  It was a Winchester WT-541 12-50xmm.  FOV 12x52 at 1000 yards & FOV @50X18 feet at 1000 yards.  Came with a hard aluminum carry case, soft scope case, stand, and cleaning cloth.  Cant beat that IMO.  They have a bunch of others if this one doesnt suit your needs.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top