Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2003 5:52:47 PM EDT
I just got my aimpoint Comp ML2 scope.  It came with no mounting ring.  Would the railgrabber mounting ring by aimpoint be a solid mount?  Or just a 30mm mounting ring?  Thanks.    
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming the ML2 will be used with an AR, I like the QRP but only on carryhandle gooseneck mounts.  On a flattop you will need the dorky spacer to properly co-witness with the iron sights.  Here I would opt for the GGG cantilever or ARMS 22M68 with extension.  I suppose if you had a folding front sight the QRP w/o spacer would be fine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The aimpoint is going on a RRA with the detachable tactical carry handle.  Would the standard 30mm ring give enough space to clear the rear sight?    
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the same setup and am wondering that too.????????
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure about mounting on that RRA rail, but I can comment on the Railgrabbers.  They are very solid and allow easy on/off but the knob is huge, sticks way out to the side, and is kind of annoying.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got one for my comp w/spacer. It's mounted on my M4 flattop. Works great. Mil-spec Gov't issue too.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a regular 30mm mount from Brownells and mounted the ML2 to my RRA and it co-witnesses fine.  Love the setup and the looks.  Never been easier acquiring a target.
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#7]
We use the Aimpoint Rail Grabber (mil-spec) mount with spacer ring at work. I've never seen nor had any problems with them. They seem solid enough for just about anything and they look pretty damned good, too. I guess it's a "whatever floats your boat" kinda thing, albeit I'm sure some have special needs, but for me, I could not see paying 2x or 3x as much for something else. Good luck!  
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top