Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/11/2003 7:17:16 AM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with either of these scopes?? Any info will be helpful. Will put on an AR. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Nikon Monarch 3.3x-10X 44mm with adjustable objective on my Bushmaster V-match. Very nice and clear and has hand turn click adjustments. Resolution and clarity is equal to or better than the VariX III tactical I own for alot less money. Don't own any Bushnells. Check out a Sightron SII series if you get a chance. They are excellent scopes with a lifetime REPLACEMENT warranty, and also made in USA.[^]
Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. A bushnell Elite 4200 4x16x50 with AO and a Nikon 6.5x20x44 with AO are the same price. Does Nikon stand behind their products?
Read where Bushell has a no questions asked warranty. Don't know how clear and crisp either are.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have many Nikon products (unfortunately) but not that particular scope. The service from Nikon is abysmal, and I now don't buy any of their products if a sutable alternative is available.

I have heard of many defects in Nikon scopes FWIW.

I have several of the B&L / Bushnell Elite 4200 scopes. Love them. Extremely rugged, hold zero, repeatable adjustments. Great optics clarity and resolution. Better than Leupold etc. This is now my scope of choice, you won't be dissapointed.

Bushnell warranty is excellent. My rangefinder recently went out, they replaced it with a new one in just a few days, no quibble.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 6:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I've owned several of each. Go with the Bushnell 4200. It's a great scope at a great price.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I too have been very pleased with the Bushnell Elite (3200 model on top of my hunting rifle) and think the fog-proof feature is great on misty mornings. I think the only difference between the 3200 and 4200 models are the variable powers available. Get the 3200 if the power ranges are acceptable since it's cheaper. The Bushnell also comes with an offer for a free rain parka. It may not be worth $100, but it is very nice. I finally got mine last month after a 6 month wait...
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have had AT LEAST a half dozen Nikon Monarch scopes on various firearms over the years and have never had bad luck with any of them or found any defects. I even have one mounted on my slug gun. Thay all had light transmission that would blow away a Leupold Vari-X III. Nothing against Leupolds; I've owned and liked them as well. I've never owned any of the better Bushnell scopes, so I cannot comment on them. I do know that Nikon has a full lifetime warranty on their scopes and their ads appear to imply that they will replace a scope even if damaged by negligence. You cannot beat that.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top