Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2003 10:05:59 AM EDT
Need a good, fast optic for CQB.  I've used an EOtech, and was impressed.  C-More is an interesting looking option.  Rifle is to be used but not dragged on the ground.  Is the C-more a stable/viable option?

Price to be considered too.  It (C-more) has good submerge depth, great adjustments, acceptable battery life...  Not seeing a reason to not get it... not sure on different dots available.  I liked the crosshair on the Eotech (did not see dot).

Suggestions/things to look out for.  C-More Railway...  It's a flatop AR v-match, 16''.  Already has a quick attach scope that works well, but want a CQB optic for her too.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:08:16 AM EDT
[#1]
EoTECH.  PERIOD!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
EoTECH.  PERIOD!
View Quote

Agreed. Toss that C-more away also.

2nd for your use-Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Are these just 'I have Eotech' replies or have you handled or given the C-more an honest try (or have a few stories to relate).  I know we can get a little brand happy sometimes.  Just want to make sure.  Keep em coming.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:34:31 AM EDT
[#4]
well i shot C-more.  it's ok.  i think the EO is better.  you get a clear window vs a blue one.  the dot is finer.  i like my aimpoint ML2.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you dead set on getting one of the two, or are you also considering Aimpoints?  I have only shot a few rounds through an AR using an EoTech.  I have also shot several C-Mores.  I ended up going with an Aimpoint and haven’t looked back.  The Aimpoint has better battery life and (IMHO) better controls.  I like the Aimpoint better than the EoTech dot I used, although I understand other dots are available.  You can get a protective cover for the EoTech to better protect the housing.  The C-More I used felt real flimsy.

If I had to pick between just the two, I’d take the EoTech.  I think the C-More would be okay for the range though.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#6]
cmore window is blue ? I thought it looked more pink/peach if anything.

model specific?

Just wondering if Eotech is worth 380$ or so...

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#7]
*hoping not to get yelled at*

I shot an aimpoint at NJ AR Blast III, as well as an ACOG and the Eotech.

I was not overwhelmed with aimpoint, but then seeing the price (~230?), that ain't bad.  The ACOGS do not justify their cost with me, though magnification may have it's place for other people and their applications.  I'm looking for strict cq combat optic, so no ACOG.  Did Aimpoint offer no magnification?

I would prefer a reticle that consisted of more than a dot, though that's all one really 'needs'.  Cross hair on eotech was nice, though a little big.  If illuminated, it doesn't have to be that large.  I did like the triangle of the acog though, that was 'hot'[small and to the point].  =)

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:47:49 AM EDT
[#8]
the glass window on the one i shot was tinted blue it looked like this [url]http://www.cmore.com/tactical.html[/url] but it looks clear on the web site.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Troy, opinion respected.  How is it horribly engineered.  Quality components (or lack there of), etc.  

What are my Aimpoint options I should look at.  I only handled one variant at the Blast, so maybe I am writing them off before I should be!

Ben

*edit title*
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]
When you tried the Aimpoint, how close to your eye was it mounted?  Did you use it with both eyes open or like a scope?

I see a lot of guys try using the Aimpoint like a scope with an eye closed and the Aimpoint mounted too close to the eye.  Those folks generally don’t “get it.”  Aimpoints are offered with magnification.  Mine is the ML2 without magnification.  I can and have successfully engaged targets up to 200 yards with the Aimpoint.  I don’t think magnification is really necessary in a CQB sight.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:13:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Wow, I think you're right.  I'm pretty sure I did the EOtech with both eyes, but I think I closed one on the aimpoint.

However, I am liking the reticle pics I see in some other threads (yes, browsing the plethora of aimpoint and eotech threads).  Liking the 65moa reticle with the 1moa dot on the inside.  Is that the standard reticle?  2D?

*edit*
I see '1 M.O.A. Dot Reticle Pattern'
and 'Standard Reticle Pattern'.  I assume the 1 moa dot reticle is the circle with dot (and hashes on NSEW).  I like that.  =)  (what I saw at Blast)
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:18:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm looking at SWFA for preliminary pricing.  Do not 'need' AA model, but it I see it as a plus.  Do not 'need' military NV capability, as by the time I want NV, I will have budget and new technology comes out all the time...  Do not need 33ft submerge... but but but!

=)...

liked the 511 pics I saw though.  (D?  the 1 moa dot patter)
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Phoenix-

FWIW, I have handled all of these optics and used each of them operationally for several years. My experience is the result of actual use among multiple people with different weapons as well as myself over long term field use.

Eo-Tech and Aimpoint are the best out there for your desires.
The C-More has many issues- as Troy said- check the search function for many horror stories.

For a  beginning, the C-more is very fragile, there are no calibrations for adjustments, and the sight loses zero in an alarming number of sights. Some lose zero after touching the hood.
I have personally seen that several times with different ones.

Just trying to help.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Aimpoint, takes less space on the rail, less wt. and when you turn it on it is at the setting you want instead of having to waste time getting it there like the eo.. Aimpoint also has a much longer battery life.
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I think all the guys post their comments above are complete wrong, C-More makes one of the best red dot scope in the world.

some of the best features are:

1.  needs to remove the sight ot change batteries, this way you can have more experience sighting in your gun every time your battery ran out.

2.  Low battery life, so you have more chance to familiarize your rifle by doing zero check to ensure a proper zero.

3.  The red dot project itself from muzzle side, especially at night, so you give your enemies a fighting chance since you do have the best red dot optic in the world so you just want to be fair and give the poor guy a chance to see you before you shoot him dead.

4.  The adjustment knob for zero is very hard to adjust, it does not have any clicks and many time when you lock it down the knob would shift and push the reticle out of zero.  this is a good excerise to build your patience.

5.  The objective glass can be snap off if you experience a hard impact, this will make you sharpen your iron sight skill.  

By buying a C-More, you will have a lot of chance to practice you french too.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I must be bored on a Sunday afternoon.

View Quote

This was my reply regarding a C-More question a couple of weeks ago.

It is common knowledge nowadays with the SF boys that the EOTech is the preimer CQB optic on the market. The 65MOS circle is super fast in getting you on target especially when you are faced with multiple targets at once.  the finer 1 MOA is great if you have to place a precision shot out to 200 yards.  The single pane design much like the C-More gives a wider field of view and does not create a tunnel effect as the tube design like the Aimpoint. also the glass is not coated so the image is clear as the enviroment you are in.  

If you are choosing an optic for CQB, I highly recommand the EOTech.

Long review but it will give you a clear idea on what EOTech is all about.
[url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/eotech1.msnw[/url]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#18]
M-T and Lee, thank you for your input.  Having field experience is a definite plus.

After all of this, I think I am going to settle for an Eotech (which model and cost I will have to see... EE, other people, etc)

I also will now give the aimpoint a fair try.  C-ya, C-more.  ; )

Thank you again for all who replied.  More input is welcome, as in, where to get, deals, things to look out for, etc.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I see '1 M.O.A. Dot Reticle Pattern'
and 'Standard Reticle Pattern'.  I assume the 1 moa dot reticle is the circle with dot (and hashes on NSEW).  I like that.  =)  (what I saw at Blast)
View Quote

No, the standard 2D reticle is the one with the dot, circle, and crosshair ticks.  The 1moa dot is just that, a single 1moa dot without any other things in the reticle.  Get the standard 2D reticle, that is the preferred one, and the one you seemed to have liked.  It is good for both CQB and longer range engagements because of the dot/circle combo.  The dot by itself is too fine for close quarters work.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#20]
EO Tech will serve you well for what you described. They can take a beating, stay accurate and are a great site for the money!

Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I agree with the Eotech.  Zero at fifty yards and bottom hash mark on 2d reticle should ring steel everytime  for shot at close range (or disable bad guys for reality).

Also, maybe someone can remember or find the recent thread with the picture of the Eotech working with the front lens shattered. Impressive!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Aimpoint, takes less space on the rail, less wt. and when you turn it on it is at the setting you want instead of having to waste time getting it there like the eo.. Aimpoint also has a much longer battery life.
Good shootin, Jack
View Quote

The Aimpoint DOES have a better batt. life!

BUT:

Eotech 551 is 4"
Aimpoint M2 5+"

Aimpoint is not at the "setting you want" when you turn it on.  You have to set it like the rest.  The aimpoint does have easier controls for some but since EOTECH redesigned the controls this is debateable.

eotech has integral mount
Aimpoint has no mount (go with the ARMS)
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top