Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2003 6:53:15 AM EDT
Would anybody be interested in buying a TS-30 if one were available???
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Would anybody be interested in buying a TS-30 if one were available???
View Quote

can you confirm the specs ??

I've never read anything definitive other than it was a fixed power scope
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
How warm is it?

They are only inventoried on military guns at the present as I understand.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
How warm is it?
View Quote

I could only assume you would need an oven mit to handle it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]
It is a military item for now, but once Leupold caught upto the military request, the scope will be released for civilian sales.  the word on the street is the TS30 is not as good or well liked as the M3 which are still the preferred optic for SPR.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It is a military item for now, but once Leupold caught upto the military request, the scope will be released for civilian sales.  the word on the street is the TS30 is not as good or well liked as the M3 which are still the preferred optic for SPR.
View Quote

Slight correction, TS-30 is not going to civie market. The TS-30A2 (which will be marketed as Mark4 M3MR or M1MR) with illuminated reticle will be available to civies. IIRC, TS-30 is just a militarized version of the 3-9 VX-II scope with 30mm tube and M3 cams.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey, just a question...plus, I wouldn't have anything to do a "hot" item.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey, just a question...plus, I wouldn't have anything to do a "hot" item.  
View Quote

Good luck, all the TS-30 out in the field will soon have to be accounted for in preparation for upgrade to TS-30A2.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Slight correction, TS-30 is not going to civie market. The TS-30A2 (which will be marketed as Mark4 M3MR or M1MR) with illuminated reticle will be available to civies. IIRC, TS-30 is just a militarized version of the 3-9 VX-II scope with 30mm tube and M3 cams.
View Quote

A "WORKED OVER VX-II"???
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:25:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

A "WORKED OVER VX-II"???
View Quote

Yap, the expensive part is the militarized housing. Submersible to certain depth, guarantee to withstand certain shock and vibe.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top