Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2003 8:37:31 PM EDT
Any advantages/experences in favor of the Kight mount over the ARMS?

Would go with the ARMs #40 on the M4 and possible the Knights 600 meter sight on the HBAR (unless the HBAR ends up with an ACOG ;-).

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any advantages/experences in favor of the Kight mount over the ARMS?

Would go with the ARMs #40 on the M4 and possible the Knights 600 meter sight on the HBAR (unless the HBAR ends up with an ACOG ;-).

View Quote

Has it really been longer than 30 days on this one?

Have 'em both.  The A.R.M.S. #22M68 with cantilever extension is an excellent product for the Aimpoint if you plan on making use of the quick release feature more than the Knights.  That said, the Knights is an excellent cantilever, but I use it in applications where I tend not to switch it out much.  Both are extremely rugged.  If "looks" or "cool factor" are a standard for your decision, as it seems to be some, I couldn't offer much there; a poll somewhere here might help sway you one way or another on the aesthetics.  See what else you can find with a search, as this topic was, to put it lightly, hashed out a while back.  BTW, your BUIS selection seems right on.  $.02 out.  Good luck.

O'DubhGhaill
[url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association[/url] regular member #2259
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 2:45:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive used both the Knights Cantilever and the ARMS 22M68 with Canitlever extension.  Both are excellent.

The main differences would be whether quick-detach means anything for you.  The Knights seemed lighter in weight (I never weighed them), but very sturdy.  The ARMS is equally sturdy, but may have a slight advantage in hard use in that it offers the body of the Aimpoint a little more support and also puts more metal in contact with metal on the reciever itself. For no reason other than peace of mind, I liked that the top of the Knight's ring covered the full length of the tube portion.  The 22M68 is also less expensive and much easier to find in stock. Both are equally effective at achieving the same result.

Some pics if you are going for the looks factor:

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=24926&iGalleryUnq=235&iImageUnq=11428[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=24926&iGalleryUnq=235&iImageUnq=12665[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has it really been longer than 30 days on this one?
View Quote

Have to grant there have been a "few" discussions on Aimpoint mounts in the last month, including the Aimpoint vs Eotech thread from hell (go Aimpoint !)
[beathorse]
[green]Besides I need to get off my rear and mail in a money order and become a member (have to decide which level .... which is almost as hard as getting a new mount for the Aimpoint[/green] [;)]

Appreciate the direct comparision of the two cantilever mounts, as have only been able to see the "non-cantilever" mounts in Indiana (at least found one BAC ACOG, so the state is not a total tatical desert, however, the TA11 was used for three gun matches by the owner and not for sale).

Currently using an "off brand" vertical mount with a scope spacer on the M4 (what was around at the time), however, need (/want) to clean up the rail to cleanly fit on the BUIS (just wish there was a Knight 600 meter sight with two apperatures).

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I use the GG&G Cantilever. It has a spare battery compartment built in to it. It has saved my butt a couple of times.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:53:13 AM EDT
[#5]
JTinIN,
Besides I need to get off my rear and mail in a money order and become a member (have to decide which level .... which is almost as hard as getting a new mount for the Aimpoint
View Quote

I hear you on that...been meaning to get mine in for almost two years now....

Lumpy196, very nice rig you've got there; what kind of sling are you running in the top photo and what model SureFire.  Thanks in advance.

O'DubhGhaill, out
[url=www.forcerecon.com]Force Recon Association[/url] regular member #2259
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:57:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Sling in the top pic is the "Spring Sling" from [url]www.cen-dex.com[/url].  Im still deciding if I like it.  Its meant to be two point, but I doubled it up on itself on the GG&G mount and made it single point.

This is the theory behind it:
[img]http://www.cen-dex.com/images/SS%20balanced%20retention.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.cen-dex.com/images/SS%20impact%20push.jpg[/img]

The Surefire is the 962 model.  I started with a 6" tape switch but snapped a push cap button into it from an old 6P hand held just to simplify things. Sections of bicycle innertube cut to hold the tape switch just didnt hold up in my environment in the long hall.

And thanks for the compliment.  I am at one with this gun...love it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Lump-
1911?
Hooah!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Lumpy, you look hella cool in those photos.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
And also the throw lever mount never works loose.

I've also had no change in zero if I detached and reattached to the same rail address.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey Lumpy, you look hella cool in those photos.
View Quote

LOL, that aint me...that's Tom Alibrando from Precott PD, the guy that designed it for Cen-Dex.

I have no cool factor, even though I do prefer 1911s [;)]  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top