Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/4/2003 11:36:04 AM EDT
Can a flip aperture be sucessfully installed in a ARMS 40 sight.  Bushmaster says they can  but looking at the photo of the aperture and my sight I wonder.  Any other suggetions.  My application is IPSC 3-gun and I like the idea of using the large (Hugh) aperture for close range hosing and flipping to a small aperture for longer range steel.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the aperature on the #40 IS a standard flip aperature.  One aperature they use has a flat open top (or something like that) on one of the peeps.  The #40STANDARD (or whatever they call it) uses the same flip aperature part as found on regular A2 sights.  I could be a little fuzzy on this but that's the jist of it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Somebody at Bushmaster doesn't know what the f*ck he's talking about. As stated above, it COMES with a "flip" type aperture.

Sales rule No. 1 (especially around here):

KNOW wtf you're selling.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody at Bushmaster doesn't know what the f*ck he's talking about. As stated above, it COMES with a "flip" type aperture.

Sales rule No. 1 (especially around here):

KNOW wtf you're selling.
View Quote

Where did you get that?  Bushmaster said that they (or he) could replace the existing aperture with an A2 aperture, which is correct.  I don't see where they made any suggestion that the aperture it comes with is NOT a flip aperture.

-Troy
View Quote
You must have misread my post. My point was that since it already comes with a flip-type aperture, it should be pretty obvious that one may be installed. I never stated anything about a non-flip aperture.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top