Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2003 10:05:40 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone out there had gotten their hands on a TriPower yet. I'm curious about what the sight picture looks like. Can you see through it like an Aimpoint or is it purely a reflex sight for both eyes only.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I have seen and looked through two different TriPower prototypes. Neither of which had the blue tint like the Reflex optics. I've not got a clue about any of the other issues, but the TriPowers I have seen did not have the blue tint.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They haven't been released yet.  They are essentially like an AimPoint, but aside from the tritium illumination, and based on the pre-production models, they are far behind the AimPoint in usability and durability, and cost much more as well.

Given the incredible battery life of the current AimPoints, and the fact that they use cheap, available lithium batteries that have a super-long shelf-life, reliance on batteries is no longer an issue.  $30-40 will buy you a 10+ year supply of AimPoint batteries, which are good for 10+ years in storage.

(Note: I'm a HUGE fan of Trijicon's iron nightsights and the ACOG scope lines, but the Reflex and TriPower just don't cut it.)

-Troy
View Quote

I fully concur with everything above.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Aren't TriPowers supposed to use lithium batteries also?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top