Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2003 9:05:08 PM EDT
I just purchased a RRA Varmint and need a mount for it.

I have a Nikon 4.5-14x40 scope for it, now I just need to know what I should get to mount it on there with.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:08:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The ARMS # 22 is a very good mount...quick throw levers make it easy to unmount the scope if you need to.  You'll need to get the # 37 insersts, if that scope of yours is a 1" tube...the # 22 is 30mm, the inserts enable you to use a 1" scope.  

They come in low, medium, or high...I'd recommend the high, if you're gonna mount them directly to the receiver; but you may be able to use the mediums with a 40mm objective.  

The high rings are just a shade under 1 1/2", so you'll need to hold the scope over the receiver, and check to see how much clearance you need for that scope, then get the appropriate rings.  

I have a 44mm objective scope on one of my rifles, and the 22 high rings, on top of the #38, which raises it a little also.  Under those circumstances, I think the high may be just a tad too high; but it seems to work fine for me.  Without the #38, I would guess you'll need the high rings.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:18:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered the ARMS #22 with the #37 inserts.  Still need to find some mags for my rifle.

How are the Bushmaster 10rd mags?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top