Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/29/2003 7:13:41 PM EDT
I have an Aimpoint ML2 mounted on my 16" Bushie using the 22M68 and full spacer.  I am wanting it a little farther forward.  I also need a rear sight.  What is better, the ARMS #38 EX, which has the rear sight built in, or get the extended 22M68 spacer and an ARMS #40A.  Not sure how much the #38 EX weighs as opposed to the #40, mount and spacer.  The #38 EX is about $165, the Spacer and #40A is about $130.  The extra $35 or so is no problem if that is the better way to go.  Or is it just either one is as good as the other, whatever I like the looks of better?

Any suggestions or comments?  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The rail will add more weight, and will also change the height of any other optic you may choose down the road.  I recommend the #40 and the cantilever spacer for your #22M68.

-Troy
View Quote

Couldn't said it better, word of wisedom from Troy as always.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had both and ended up sticking with the #40a and cantilever spacer.  It gives greater flexibility for future options, i.e. ACOG or other scope.  Since the ARMS mount is a "return to zero", it gives the option of removing the aimpoint and slapping on a scope, NVD, etc if desired.  Not as feasible with the #38ex as it changes the height.

Some may disagree as they like the extra height.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Get the 38 extended or super ext. and you can get more choice in getting the Aimpoint out further. Plus you end up being able to use med. ht. rings for more stability than high rings when using magnified optis, Just more options.
good shootin, Jack  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top