Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2003 3:02:29 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

Ok my dad just handed me a Colt 4x20 that was in the box. I am going to put it on my Colt A2
and sight it in.

1. Are these any good?
2. What round are these calibrated for?
3. Do they hold their zero well?
4. What range are they good out to?

I did a search of the net with no luck!

Thank You to all that can reply.

new-arguy..... help your fellow Floridian out
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh Boy
I'm getting the feeling this scope isn't that widely used... cough*sucks*cough. [toilet]
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one and didn't like it much.  Now don't get me wrong, It's a good scope that has good sharp optics and bullet drop compensator.  What I didn't like was that the eye relief was to short for my taste.  I like 3" to 4" the Colt scope has about 1 1/2"
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Spooge5150,

I have one and it works OK.  The optics are way better than one of those cheap knock-offs.  But, as Sahauptman said, the eye relief is too short.  

The first one I bought about a year and a half ago wouldn't hold zero.  So I sent it back to C-More and was told that they discontinued it.  But they had a couple in stock and replaced it for me.  The new one seems to hold zero just fine.

I was under the impression that it is calibrated for 55gr FMJ's.  I shot PMC at 300yards and it was about 3" low.  But I later chronographed PMC against Fed American Eagle and found that the PMC is running at approx 2750FPS where the Federal was at 3000fps.  It could make the difference in drop.  I haven't had the chance to run some more tests.

As with any scope, you can only hit what you can see.  I'm sure it will be fine out to at least 500yrds.

-Red-

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 3:59:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Range Report:

I took it out yesterday on my AR 20".

After 10 shots had it sighted in for 100 yrds.

Put 100 rounds of 55gr NATO through it, and was pleasantly surprised.

To answer my own questions:

1. Yeap
2. I used 55gr
3. Took out all the paper on the target. 1/2 inch groups at 100 yrds.
4. That I will have to get back to you on. [;)]

I am happy with it!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top