Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2003 6:43:37 PM EDT
Heading out saturday am with a good friend, his Pre-ban M4, TA50-2 ACOG (3x with amber triangle) and about 1K of Fed M193.  I'm testing the scope to see if I've got the type of vision compatible for BAC.  

What type of paces should I put the scope through to see if it's really what I'm looking for?

For exampe; distance, aimed vs reactionary, multiple targets, etc.

Big Al
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the BAC, see if it works for you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot in a variety of conditions and positions of possibe. Try fast paced CQB shooting with movement of possible, but dont forget to try some long shots too. Mix it up as much as you can to see the multi purpose advantages of the optic. Making sure the BAC works for you will be the main thing to concentrate on. If it doesnt, I would get something else. The BAC is the biggest advantage to these scopes. It, more than anything, is what sets them apart from everything else available.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what your looking to do with the setup.  After taking a couple of classes I found I liked the TA50-2 outdoors - preferably at 50 yards or greater.  It works best w/o a light - or using a light at a distance (50 yards or more).  Its a very nice general purpose sight.

For indoors/25y or less - or working up close with a light I found red-dots to be superior (faster AND more accurate).

Try shooting at 12 & 25 yards with a timer - put 2 shots in target 1 Center of Mass (COM) then 2 shots in target 2 COM then back to target 1 for a single head shot - then back to target 2 for a single head shot.  Use a shot time.  This will show you if BAC works for you at CQB distance - anything longer (50yards +) and you'll have more time to draw a bead.

If you can, use the Gunsite or Randy Caine targets - IPSC target will also work (you only want hits in the 'A' zone (IIRC that is the proper name).

This drill will show you if you can use BAC for CQB (and show you how fast it is & the limitations of using a magnified sight up close).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top