Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 8:03:22 PM EDT
Got some questions about the OKO, I went through alot of previous threads and alot of people say their not as rugged as aimpoints or eotechs. Has anyone had any issues with their OKO's? How do they stand up to shock or moisture?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had an OKO on one of my AR's and on two of my Glocks for about a year.  I don't bang it around or drop it, but it stands up to a lot of recoil (10mm and .40cal) with no problems.  You can buy the metal cover that protects the sight if you're concerned about rough use.

As far as moisture is concerned, CavArms used to have a picture of an OKO sitting on the bottom of an aquarium with the red dot shining bright.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Got some questions about the OKO, I went through alot of previous threads and alot of people say their not as rugged as aimpoints or eotechs.
View Quote

No, they're not, but they're not as much either.
Has anyone had any issues with their OKO's? How do they stand up to shock or moisture?
View Quote

No issues, but I recommend the SC-3/SC-4 covers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:23:35 AM EDT
[#3]
My OKO broke at the mount were it clamps on to the flattop. I did not drop it or anything.

I really like the sight but it is definately not as rugged as the Eotech or Aimpoint.

I believe the sight itself would hold up very well if the mounts were designed better.

Personally I would reserve an OKO for a lightwieght AR.

For building a CQB or more "battle" ready AR, I'd go with (and did) the Eotech.

OKO $200.00, SC3 cover, $65.00.
You can get a Eotech 511 for $270.00 shipped.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top