Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2003 11:26:03 AM EDT
I just installed a new barrel and an ARMS #40 rear sight.  When sighting I ended up 12 clicks off of center.  

There are 70 clicks on the #40 altogether so I still have 23 clicks to go before I run out of windage to the right but was curious:

A. Is 12 clicks off center is considered normal?

B. If not I should redo the barrel to get the sight closer to center?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't answer the first, but how would redoing the barrel going to address it?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
To remedy the cant of the newly installed barrel.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:15:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I called BM this morning (mon) and the tech stated that 3-5 would be normal while 13 clicks would be the absolute limit for a 16".  So I ordered an armorer's action block and will try again.  Still, I guess I should consider myself somewhat lucky since this was my first barrel change and we used a makeshift barrel vise clamp--now as long as my luck doesn't run dry when we try again with the right tools [%(]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top