Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 6:24:34 AM EDT
For a red dot sight, do they hold their zero well?  Are they pretty sturdy?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:17:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one on a Midlength Armalite. Had it for about 4 years now. The optic holds its zero nicely, but I did have a buddy make a custom spanner wrench to keep it locked down tight. IMHO its sturdy enough for range use and thats all I use it for. So........ yes its a good sight. Hindsight 20/20, I would rather spend a little more and have a 511 with a 1 moa dot and 65 moa ring, than just a 6 moa dot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Zero'ing it sucks because there arent any click adjustments.

You have to remove it from the mount to replace the battery.

Any sight that depends on a projector can have the projector clogged with debris - bye bye dot.

If its for the range, you'll be fine.  But for what it costs, you could have an Aimpoint or an Eotech that are real world durable.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
They suck...

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:15:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They suck...

View Quote

So to summarize....

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:47:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They suck...
View Quote

I think you have yours in reverse, because down here in the 'States, they blow.

-Troy
View Quote

Suck...blow...heck, they just plain bite!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:21:20 PM EDT
[#7]
damn, good thing that i didn't pull mine out yesterday, or you guys would have gotten on me for that.
i had it on my "Pimp" Glock, now it's made it's way to my Colt.  
sure you have to take it off to change the batteries, but i have yet to change them in the 2 years that i've had it.
are there better optics that you can use?  yes.  i'm just using it because i had it.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#8]
C-More ___________

__ A. Suck
__ B. Blow
__ C. Bite
[b][u]X[/u]  D. All of the above[/b]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 3:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
damn, good thing that i didn't pull mine out yesterday, or you guys would have gotten on me for that.
View Quote

Don't worry, we can only give you a hard time about one thing at a time.  [}:D]  My only serious complaint about the CMore is the durability.  I wouldn't put an optic with a plastic body on my AR, just in case...

Besides, I got a little ribbing Saturday too for all the "toys" I had hanging off my AR (FIRSH, Insight M3 light, bipod, ACOG TA01 on a detachable carry handle).  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I think all the guys post their comments above are complete wrong, C-More makes one of the best red dot scope in the world.

some of the best features are:

1.  needs to remove the sight ot change batteries, this way you can have more experience sighting in your gun every time your battery ran out.

2.  Low battery life, so you have more chance to familiarize your rifle by doing zero check to ensure a proper zero.

3.  The red dot project itself from muzzle side, especially at night, so you give your enemies a fighting chance since you do have the best red dot optic in the world so you just want to be fair and give the poor guy a chance to see you before you shoot him dead.

4.  The adjustment knob for zero is very hard to adjust, it does not have any clicks and many time when you lock it down the knob would shift and push the reticle out of zero.  this is a good excerise to build your patience.

5.  The objective glass can be snap off if you experience a hard impact, this will make you sharpen your iron sight skill.  

By buying a C-More, you will have a lot of chance to practice you french too.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I must be bored on a Sunday afternoon.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#11]
[LOLabove]

You kill me
[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#12]
ROTFLMAO, Chen!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I just returned a co-worker's A3 Dissipator I had for a week, which was equipped with the C-More.  Not only are the above mentioned problems there, but I also didn't like it because:

The plastic (at least on this one) was a very light colored gray, almost white.  

The dot is not centered in the middle of the screen, its up and to the left.  Maybe it was previously hit or dropped?  I would think that when changing elevation/windage, that the whole unit would move, not the dot move within the screen.  This caused co-witness to go out the door.  

I didn't see more with the C-More.  Maybe they should change the name to Need-More.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top