BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/19/2003 8:28:45 PM EDT
what do u guys think of a bushnell sportsman scope? just wondering thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They're crap. The only Bushnells worth having are the Elite series scopes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean the Sportview?  I've got 2 of them...they're absolutely fine for plinking.  I think they're down to $39 for the 4x12AO model.  The glass is surprisingly clear for such a cheap scope.  I just put about 200 rounds through my AR yesterday with that scope.  No fog up, no problems of any kind.  I just got my #22 rings in on Sat, and the Sportsman was the only loose scope I had.  It worked fine.  That won't be my permanent set up, but it did what I needed it to do.  BTW, I keep the Sportview scopes on my 10/22 and Model 60 most of the time.   Thousands of rounds through both of those rifle, and never a hint of trouble from the scopes.  

You didn't say what you're gonna be doing with it...I don't know that I'd put one on .50 rifle lol, but for .22s and occasional plinking with the AR, it'll work fine.  Don't let the "if it's not a Looopolde Extra Heavy Duty Laser Rangefinding GPS Bullet Tracking Soooper Doooper Poooper Scoooper Sight it's crap" comments bother you lol...it's a great little scope for the money.  

EDIT: Okay, these are 2 different scopes...I have no experience witht the Sportsman...but since they're the same price, look at the Sportview...SWFA does in fact have the 4x12 Sportview that I have, for $39.95.  Take a look at it.    

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top