Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 8:37:29 PM EDT
is it true you can pick up the front sight blurr with a telescopic scope on low or higher magnification? plan on mounting a 3x9 Leupold Tactical on my 16" RRA A3 & I have a fixed front sight. I was also thinking about a 2x7 scope, but afraid the 2x setting would have a problem.

what is the rule of thumb?

Appreciate it,
HS
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
On my 3.5x TA11, 3.5x ELCAN and 4x TA01NSN I can barely make out the blur, they're all mounted on the receiver directly, without a #36 or #38 riser.  On an SN4 (1-4x) mounted on a #36 riser, the front sight tower is prominently displayed on the bottom half at 1-2x, at 3x it's not so bad, at 4x it's just a little blur on the very bottom.  At higher magnifications you won't notice it much.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure duffy is correct for most,but i just couldnt endure it.I have had to put my money where my mouth is on all my AR's.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top