Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 8:35:58 PM EDT
The title kind of says it all.
I'm building a fixed mag AR pistol w/ 7.5 inch barrel with a railed gas block and flattop receiver.

I thought I'd like a reddot sight but maybe would prefer the lower profile of iron sights. I don't need the regular AR sights for they'd be much higher than necessary for the pistol. (and goofy looking to me)

Ideally a rail mounted notch or ghost ring style rear with a blade/post front mounted on a slight riser on the gas block along the lines of the fiber optic shotgun rifle sights is what I want. The lower the profile the better.

I've seen the weaver rail mounted rear peep sights for rifles that are low enough but what would I use for a front?

Anyone know of any weaver rail mounted sights that would work? Preferably tru-glo fiber optic style?

Thanks, Otto
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Otto, I've wondered the same thing myself, I would like to know what you find out, please let me know.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top