Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2003 3:44:42 PM EDT
While your at it please tell me what kind of batteries it uses, and what you think about the quality. I am looking for one that is good.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say the sight with the largest "window" would probably be the Eotech. I had a 511, which takes size "N" batteries. It's a very good sight, and it allows you to either aim quickly at close range, yet also allows precision for longer shots.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I would also have to say Eotech.I have the 511 and sight aquisition is very quick.I've never tried the Aimpoints but I'm sure they are just as fast.Eotech does make a AA version now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, but isn't the Aimpoint a tube sight.  I want one that is tubeless.  What about some of those russian sights?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#4]
strongmad, if you're talking about a Kobra, they're great sights for what they were designed for...the replace the crappy AK iron sights.  I've had one on an AR, and it's shoots great...but they're big and bulky, and with the hump on the back, you really have to look over the top to get a good sight picture.  Plus, there's no way to use a BUIS without removing the whole thing.  

I just got a Holosight for my M4gery, and I really like it.  It has the best or least obtrusive sight picture of any of the sights I've tried.  

Now, the Eotechs are the LE/Military version of the Holosight...I'm sure there are those here who can tell you what the difference is...and the Eotechs well be more expensive.  You can get at least one of them that takes AA batteries, but the one I have takes the small 3v ones.  (dont' remember exactly which ones).  

Holosight or Eotech, I think they're the best bet for what you seem to be looking for.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
what is a holo sight exactly?  Is that just another name for a tubeless reddot sight?  
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Holosight is basically Bushnell's line of EOTecjh sights.   EOTech makes them for Bushnell, but they are not as sturdy as the EOTech line.  there are probably lots of other differences as well, but they look the same and function the same.  For plinking the Bushnell will probably do the job, but for hard use, go EOTech.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 10:57:19 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top